NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi from Uk

Guest Craig Katherine

Guest Craig Katherine

Just found your forum and registered looks great can see many an hour spent on here,

Just thought we would say a hello to everybody.

Hello, Katherine! Welcome! I've joined this family one month ego and I love love love it here! I love the adoration this forum's members feel for there fids! This kind of love for your pet-bird can understand only another parrot owner. The truth is that our fids own us! :D And we like it ;D

Do you have any cutie-cutie Grey? :) Or you are an owner-to-be?

(I'll move to Uk in April ;) )

Hello Craig Katherine and welcome to our family, so glad you found us.

Yes we have some members from the UK, I visited England in 2010 and am going again in May for my second visit, it is a beautiful country.

We want to know more about you and whether you have any birds, greys or other pets you would tell us about. Pictures are always welcomed.

Guest Craig Katherine

Ok looks like i need to get the camera out.!

We have lots of birds from small quakers to bay wing hawks but yes we have greys too 8 in total all congos, 4 breeding pairs and hope to be hand rearing some youngsters in the near future.

so im sure we will find the web site very usefull.

Guest Craig Katherine

Lol i wish they were all house pets, there such fun..

1 is an ex pet and is great company but the others are nest box divers as in you knock on the door and they shoot into the nesting boxes, they all are proven pairs and when not breeding will live in a outdoor avairy. here are some pics i have, but lets face it there not easy to photo birds so sorry for rubbish pics. will try and get some more done

start with the little ones a pair of quaker parrots 1 green male 1 blue girl. charlie and lola.

IMG_1525.jpg

next up is some of the greys.

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

They do have names but they are not easy to tell apart so not sure which are which in the pics.

And finally my others pair of bay wing hawks

316880_2504657421305_1399080174_32947814_616816463_n-1.jpg

Scoop and last pic is Ella

IMG_1577.jpg

Guest Craig Katherine

Were really looking forward to raising the first babies been into birds for years but mainly falconary and rare breed chickens and quails and so on (which we still have as well !!!) but only just got into the african greys after keeping the monk parrots and experiancing the interaction between them and us, you get a lot of reward from training a bird of prey from a baby to being able to take them out hunting and watch them fly back to you, but then after that you put them away in the mews till the next day, but the parrots are something different to hear them when you fall asleep and to be woken up by them Pricless..

Guest Craig Katherine

Why you say that.? what would be a better option pls ?

The side and back is solid to avoid problems with the next cage but front is mesh and so is other side, the cages are bigger than most peoples home cages and when not breeding the birds will live in a 20ft by 8 by 8 foot flight area.

The cages are inside so the sunlight dousnt warm them up or the cold chill them the room is air vented or heated to suit the needs. ive seen other breeding cages made just from wire mesh but there so small would these be better?

• 3 weeks later...