NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

intelligence

AGreyBoy21

Guest briansmum

i dont think it matters. i have seen more videos of cags doing clever things but i think that is just because they are more common, i know for a fact there there are members here with very intelligent tags. as far as i know both have the same capacity to learn it depends on the bird and their people

xxbeccyxx wrote:

i dont think it matters. i have seen more videos of cags doing clever things but i think that is just because they are more common, i know for a fact there there are members here with very intelligent tags. as far as i know both have the same capacity to learn it depends on the bird and their people

I think that is right on the money. More people have CAGs than TAGs, so there is more out there of the CAGs intel. I got a CAG because I'm not big on the horn color in the beak of TAGs, but from everything I have read and seen, TAGs are equal with CAGs.

Also, I'm with Milo.... no matter if you are White, Black, Hispanic, or Arab, there is no difference in learning abilities as a race...it's the individual. That’s all the difference with CAGs and TAGs are…a little bit of physical differences.

Agreed on the intelligence. Most CAGs/TAGs probably have similar capacity. Certainly there are some variations in potential from inherent genetics etc but a random sample of CAGs and TAGs would probably produce pretty similar intelligence values.

Regarding the 4yr college comment (though I realize Dan was Joking)...Graduating from High School, college, pre school really has little to do with intelligence. Schooling is education. There are many people with 4yr degrees or higher that are less intelligent than some folks who did not even graduate high school...but the folks with higher degress are more educated. ;) Does not guarantee they are smarter, but education does give most folks an edge...<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2007/09/21 23:28

Guest briansmum

i have to agree, i have friends that have just finished university and although i didn't go and on paper they are "smarter" i would beg to differ, they know what they know in their field, it doesnt mean they are the smartest overall.. if you get my meaning

I agree with you all!!

Isn't it interesting how a one liner can bring out such thought, comments :-) and change the Topic? ;-)

So now that we have agreed there is no substantial research on the intelligence of CAG versus TAG.

Are there any dual owners out there that notice any differences?

This is off topic also, but congrats Tracy for reaching that milestone of 1000+ posts, you go girl.

I just love to hear educated people say that having a college degree does not guarantee intelligence for I have said that for a long time.

Seems to me we do have several members with both a TAG and CAG, maybe they will let us know if they see any differences in the smarts department.