NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Twix's new cage

TWIX

Hi,

Twix has been living in a small cage since i got him about a month ago. The cage was half the size of the one i just bought him. I was thinking that it may scare him off and that he may take sometime to accept it. It took me half an hour to assemble the cage, and then i took Twix on my hand and introduced the new cage to him. Surprisingly, he jumped quickly on the cage and started exploring the new castle i got him :cool:

He now has food on top of the cage and inside the cage, he didn't stop eating for about an hour and he tried both locations :D He is now a much happier Grey ...

Here are some of the photos i took just now:

scaled.php?server=815&filename=p1010453f.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=829&filename=p1010455ul.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=811&filename=p1010456.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=163&filename=p1010457vp.jpg&res=medium

Nice cage, how big is that, Twix is so lucky. I heard Greys are afraid try out new things, but not Twix, congratulation. Can't wait to see Twix new toys :). Did you make the swing that's inside the cage. I just made for mine a similar one, but my rope is not that big. I can't find any safe ropes that big at my local stores.

Nice cage, how big is that, Twix is so lucky. I heard Greys are afraid try out new things, but not Twix, congratulation. Can't wait to see Twix new toys :). Did you make the swing that's inside the cage. I just made for mine a similar one, but my rope is not that big. I can't find any safe ropes that big at my local stores.

Hi Charlie, i am not sure what the cage size is, but i will use a measuring tape and will let you know today. I didn't make the swing, i bought it from a pet store but i promise i will use my tools soon and make Twix some interesting things :) You will see a photo of the swing shortly.

I didn't want to buy him more toys, as the cage will be busy and Twix will have little room to move. I introduced the new toys to him and he is very curious so far, still watching him. The cage is open with all the toys in, Twix is only interested in the toys hanging down from his new perch, completely ignoring the other new toys.

I have noticed a lot of change in his behavior since i got him the cage and the toys, so he doesn't make the baby sounds any more! I think he looks a lot happier now and he looks like he's got a million things to do :)