NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

how long should it survive

geoff

Friends, I bought COCO one of these on Friday http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARROT-RUBBER-HANGING-PEANUT-FEED-CAGE-TOY-NUT-CASE-H01-/150573745166?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Birds&hash=item230ee5040e#ht_1337wt_932 I'm doubtful it will see the week out.

He adores it and really 'gives it some stick'. Do any owners know of a more robust version of this toy that might actually last for more than a few days?

My Papito seams to prefer the toys that he can destroy. The ones he can't are of no interest to him. Make your own toys that are cheap so it doesn't matter if he destroys them. There's a whole section here for homemade toys. Also making the toys with your grey is a good way to spend time with them and make introducing the new toy easier because they watch you "play with it" so it must be ok to touch.

My grey Dayo loves this toy as well. Once he detaches it from the chain by chewing through the rubber, he loves tossing it and swooping down like a hawk, snatching it and flying somewhere else to thrash it some more. He also enjoys playing catch with and and has become fairly accurate in his return throws.

Ronald is right, keep plenty of toy building parts in stock. That your parrots love destroying. :)