NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

?

willotree

me again! :) always so many questions and so few books with answers on baby Grey's.but id so rather have advice from all of you. okay willo as I'm sure you all know and are getting tried of me saying it! :) is 2 months.she has been standing next to me on the living room floor while i type,she is bending her neck head back and i think grooming her feathers. i see lots of baby feathers and what looks like dandruff or stiff end parts of feathers. my question is she just grooming. how do you know when their plucking and not grooming? i have alot of humid fires,purifiers,she likes getting wet. I'm just trying to learn the difference. thanks

If she starts plucking (and I doubt she will as I know how loving you r to her) you will start to see bald spots. She is just grooming and when they do that, small down feathers will come out. She is just being a grey. :)

Wait until that first big feather is found on the floor.....you will panic! :) :) but that too is normal.

She is preening and opening up pin feathers so that is the little pieces of keratin she is breaking off of new feather growth and greys do produce some dander that if they are not bathed regularly you will see it on the top of the feathers, a good bath will remove it temporarily. I highly doubt your baby is plucking but keep asking questions if you have them.