NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Capo's tricks

Capo

Thank you, guys.

Capo is almost 2 years old CAG. We work hard with him everyday in 10-15min session. New trick we try to learn is roll forward over head.

We have big plucking problem but that is story for some other theme

This post is NOT going to be very well liked......and I don't have any intentions of discussing this further or debating it.

It has been my experience that sometimes a bird who plucks is due to the stress over training...but that is MY OPINION .

Not meant to say that is the case in your situation. Just food for thought.

Edited by Talon

OMG, I wrote whole text and now I can't see it.

Anyway, Talon, every advice is welcome and I'll listen it. 10-15 minute session once a day can't be the reason. What you think?

Vets said that he is extremely healthy bird in perfect shape. Harrisons High potency, lots of fresh veggies and fruits combined with indoor freeflight and on harness outdoor flight are credited for such good condition. It is most important to me.

I think I know the reason but can't find solution. Year ago my best man (she) moved in to our family and Capo has started with plucking month after she moved in. He plucked himself for about 4 months and then he stopped. After she moved out 3 months ago, he started with plucking again. It is obvious that she is the problem. First time he had a problem to accept her in his flock, and now he has a problem accepting that she is no more with him.

I'll repeat. Every advice is welcome and I'll gladly listen to him. Thanks, Talon

• Haha 1

I must say, I have the highest respect for you. I expected you would take my post the wrong way and get defensive. Kudos to you! I think you have your plucking answer, your bird doesn't like changes in the flock. Not sure what advice to give you regarding that, hopefully someone else with that experience will chime in.