NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How soon will a CAG stars talking?

TWIX

Hello,

You may have heard the question before, but when should i expect Twix to start taking? I understand some CAGs will never talk as i have been reading a lot, and i also know that some of them will start talking at the age of 4 months only depending on the time you spend with them.

I am spending at least two hours a day with him, right after finishing my work. I also talk with him during that time. The only sounds he is making now are the baby whistles, no funny sounds or no imitating of anything yet. I am not disappointed and will never be. My parakeet indian ring neck does speak as he is now 4 year old.

Will Twix starts speaking anytime soon?

Thanks

Our CAG started talking at about 4 mos. She is now almost ten months & has a large vocabulary. I have heard that they aren't physically developed to talk until the age of 1 year, so it will possibly be after that time. Our girl would say some things, but it was really gravelly and robotic. All of a sudden one day she got something out that was a word. She comes out with something new every day or so & then practices it over & over until she gets it "right".

Some birds never talk.

Our girl doesn't make noises that greys usually do, like the microwave, etc. Maybe that comes later?