NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New grey owner

Christol

Hello Ya'll,

I will be getting my first Grey this week. Her name is Lillie she is eight years old and has just recently (so her previous owner says) started plucking her neck and chest feathers after her last moult. She is re-homing her bacause she is going through a lot of life changes. I went to meet Lillie tonight and I must say I am already in love! She is such a sweetheart, although it was obvious that she perfers men....she jumped from me right into the arms of my husband....I may have some competion! LOL

Please give me any advice that you feel I may need. I have had Quaker Parrots before but never a Grey and I am sure they are very different. Thanks in advance for any advice given :)

Thanks Ray P! I have not brought Lillie home yet, hoping to in the next few days, as soon as I get her settled in I will take and post some pictures of her. One quick question: Lillie has been on a seed diet all of her 8 years, do you think at this point I would be able to switch her over to pellets and if so should I wait a while before atttempting the change over? With her already plucking I don't want to add any more stress than necessary. The move is sure to stress her out a great deal. Thanks!

Welcome to our family! Can't wait to see you new addition. I would offer her the food you want, she may surprise you and love it, or it may take several weeks before she will like it or even try it. Maybe try mixing it in with her other food.

Hello Christol and welcome to our family, so glad you are giving Lillie a new forever home.

Be sure to read thru as many of the threads here for lots of useful advice from firsthand experienced grey owners and do ask questions you may have and we will do our best to help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Lillie you would share with us that would be super.