NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Archimedes flew today!!!

snoepgoed123

I went to visit him again (YES HES OFFICIALLY A BOY!!!!) and I told my mother to watch him for one minute while I go give the breeder some money before I forget. I barely pull out the cash and my mother screamed (why I have no idea) I thought he was dying from how she's screaming... well apparently he was flying because a couple of seconds afterwards he flew past me, luckily he stopped at the cages or else he would've face planted into the glass storefront.

Also happy news, I fed him his first red bell pepper, and boy oh boy does he like bell pepper! (it also makes a nice distraction when I'm putting on his harness, since I have started harness training)

And LASTLY!!!! He can come home!!! next time we go to the breeder we get to take him home, he's off of formula, but I asked the breeder if I could get some just incase, and he said that if anything happens that Archimedes isn't eating properly I could always bring him by.

oh also mini story.... some guy stopped by the breeder this weekend and saw Archimedes and wanted to buy him, of course the breeder said no, and then the guy offered him more money, and wanted the breeder to call me to see if I can let him buy it... the breeder was just like uuuuhmmmm no... aint gonna happen... but geez louis the nerve of that guy! (he wanted to buy a grey that day, didn't wanna wait for any of the babies)

Edited by snoepgoed123

It's great to read your posts. I can relate to your feelings. I have had my Gracie home just 2 months, so I remember well those days of anticipation. As far as flying--the first month I had Gracie home she had quite a few crash landings! Just be on hand to offer your little boy a safe rescue and he will gain confidence. As for that cheeky jerk who tried to steal Archimedes out from under you--well I'm glad you have a breeder with integrity and I feel uneasy about his fitness to be a parront. Keep us all posted.

How exciting and wonderful!!! I am very happy that Archimedes is going home with you very soon! By the way, GREAT name...when I first read your post, I instantly thought of Archimedes, the owl character in the Disney animated film "Sword In the Stone".

aww thanks guys, yea I am REALLY EXCITED!!! my father might be taking a half day... maybe... see if I can convince him to go get Archimedes today... I *really* don't wanna wait until the weekend... heck... if I had the travel cage with me yesterday I would've picked him up!

And Artoo... I think you're the first person to realize he's named after Archimedes the owl.... talking owl, hopefully talking parrot... most people are just like ohhhh ok... but a lot of other people are like "THAT TOTALLY FITS HIM"