NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need help

Morana

Hi guys. If there is somewhere a post on a topic that is same/similar to mine I apologize. If that is the case, please redirect me to it.

So the problem is that I am searching the net for ceramic coated pans and I don't know what do I need to look out for. I saw something "without PTA, Non-PTFE, Non-PFOA and Aluminum Alloy Die Casting" and I have no idea what all those things mean. I google the letters/phrases and it still isn't all that clear. To simplify the question, what kind of ceramic pans can I use? What for does those letters stand for? I need to translate it to my language and send to manufactures here in Croatia so I can buy a decent bird friendly pan and something to bake cakes/cookies in it. So please put me out of my misery and please explain what exactly I should be looking for.

Tnx Dave. I already saw that some time before and that is precisely why I ask. I was under the impression that all non stick cookware is bad no matter what it is and how to differentiate stuff here in Croatia. Also, when you already provided this link;-), can you point and redirect me to some cookware in which I can bake cakes or cookies? How do you say that in English?

Edited by Morana

Tnx Dave. I already saw that some time before and that is precisely why I ask. I was under the impression that all non stick cookware is bad no matter what it is and how to differentiate stuff here in Croatia. Also, when you already provided this link;-), can you point and redirect me to some cookware in which I can bake cakes or cookies? How do you say that in English?

Orgreenic is a new type of cookware which has it's own type of non stick coating which is made of cermanic. It's more durable. It's not the same as Teflon non stick cookware. There's a number of links for this exact same product on the PC and some get into more detail about the chemical composition of the product. Each place has an 800 phone # so questions can be asked. So, if you check it out you may find it appealing. That's totally up to you.

You may not have this product in your country and companies may not ship overseas so maybe you can get together with someone here in the US who can have the product shipped to them who in turn will ship the product to you. Again, it's just a thought.

***which I can bake cakes or cookies? How do you say that in English?****

We say it the same way too.

Edited by Dave007

I already find it appealing;-)

D: ***which I can bake cakes or cookies? How do you say that in English?****

We say it the same way too.

Which way? A pan for baking cookies? You would bake a cake in a pan? I do not get it. Please explain.

I'm not sure about what you're asking but I'll try to answer what I think you wanna know about. Usually, most people want non stick cookware for cooking on top of a stove. I'm not familiar with non stick cookware that goes in the oven. You may have to use that that old reliable metal pan for making cookies. If you have a retangular or round dish about 3 inches high, you can buy small disposable cupcake frames that a person uses by pouring batter in them and making muffins. Listen,. I'm really not sure about how to make cakes and cookies or muffins so maybe you can get together with some of the other knowledgeble women here and exchange methods for cooking these things.

Usually, most people want non stick cookware for cooking on top of a stove. I'm not familiar with non stick cookware that goes in the oven. You may have to use that that old reliable metal pan for making cookies.

We kinda solved my problem with cooking on the stove and non stick cookware. That would be that link you put.

Have no idea what is a metal pan but I'm talking about safe ceramic coated "thing"/dish in which to bake cakes and which goes into own. Do you know what I'm talking about now? I'm asking how is that "thing" called and whether the ceramic coating variation would be safe for the birdies + whether it has Teflon or other bad substances in it that I should be aware off?

We kinda solved my problem with cooking on the stove and non stick cookware. That would be that link you put.

Have no idea what is a metal pan but I'm talking about safe ceramic coated "thing"/dish in which to bake cakes and which goes into own. Do you know what I'm talking about now? I'm asking how is that "thing" called and whether the ceramic coating variation would be safe for the birdies + whether it has Teflon or other bad substances in it that I should be aware off?

http://www.bizrate.com/cooking-baking/ceramic-pots/

All are ceramic. There's no coating, just pure ceramic. There's no teflon. All can go in an oven. All kinds of things can be cooked.

Well thank you for trying so hard:-) Means a lot! :-)

This is what I had in mind. http://www.delimano.hr/pekac/pekac.html

What is it called? It has some kind of some kind silicon enamel on the outside and ceramic coating on the inside and they advertise that because of that coating it is great non stick, environment friendly (can't find something on PFOA yet) cookware. It has a 5 year guarantee.

And guys, did anyone see ceramic coated round performance cake pan or some other safe alternative?:-)

Edited by Morana

Well thank you for trying so hard:-) Means a lot! :-)

This is what I had in mind. http://www.delimano.hr/pekac/pekac.html

What is it called? It has some kind of some kind silicon enamel on the outside and ceramic coating on the inside and they advertise that because of that coating it is great non stick, environment friendly (can't find something on PFOA yet) cookware. It has a 5 year guarantee.

And guys, did anyone see ceramic coated round performance cake pan or some other safe alternative?:-)

Concerning that link----I don't understand the language.

Stay away from items that say silicon coated because it hasn't been proven that they're good or bad yet. Environment friendly has nothing to do with birds. All cooking items are basically environment friendly.

Now, I will say that you're getting a little paranoid about all of these cooking items

All of this started with Teflon and has now ventured into all types of cooking items and all types of coatings. So, what you need to now focus on are

---don't get teflon coated cookware that's used on top of stoves

---for in the oven cooking, use any cookware that has nothing to do with non stick coverings. Expect to have food stuck in the cookware. You'll always need to use old fashioned scrubing with cookware. Stop worrying about having all types of cookware that has a non stick feature. If you like ceramic, those thiings are sold without any coatings. I already gave you a link for those items.

For making cookies/pies/cupcakes use aluminum which is recommended for all pastry items. Aluminum has nothing to do with coatings. You can also use glass bakeware for ovens.

When you cook, put your birds in another area away from the kitchen. Many people do this and it has nothing to do with what cookware they use.

My grandma would have a heart attack if she had to worry about these things 60 yrs ago. She did alright and no one got sick or poisined.

AND Ladies, how about helping me out here!!! How about adding something????? I'm not an international chef!!

Edited by Dave007

Aww Dave you are doing just fine by yourself. I didn't know you were so domestic. I am impressed! I will say that I only use teflon for my sunnyside up breakfast eggs. To me, as long has you attend your teflon pan all the time while cooking you should have no problems. I also always turn on my stove fan while using my teflon pan and I have an exhaust fan in my hall if necessary. My parrots don't hang on me while I cook either.

Aww Dave you are doing just fine by yourself. I didn't know you were so domestic. I am impressed! I will say that I only use teflon for my sunnyside up breakfast eggs. To me, as long has you attend your teflon pan all the time while cooking you should have no problems. I also always turn on my stove fan while using my teflon pan and I have an exhaust fan in my hall if necessary. My parrots don't hang on me while I cook either.

I completely and totally and absolutely agree with Luv. There's a exhaust fan on my stove and an exhaust fan in my central air. There's also a window in the kitchen. We use an aluminum pan for eggs although I like scrambled. Sunnyside is for people who are into eyeballs. We use glassware for baking and also for making meatloafs and other things

I also keep the birds away from the kichen simply because they shouldn't be in the kitchen. I don't like birds landing on my shoulder and start taking a shit on me just to tell me how much they like the food AND they might miss the shoulder and drop a bomb in my freshly done eggs. The mixture of the two may not taste good or look appealing.

Concerning that link----I don't understand the language.

Stay away from items that say silicon coated because it hasn't been proven that they're good or bad yet. Environment friendly has nothing to do with birds. All cooking items are basically environment friendly.

Now, I will say that you're getting a little paranoid about all of these cooking items

All of this started with Teflon and has now ventured into all types of cooking items and all types of coatings. So, what you need to now focus on are

---don't get teflon coated cookware that's used on top of stoves

---for in the oven cooking, use any cookware that has nothing to do with non stick coverings. Expect to have food stuck in the cookware. You'll always need to use old fashioned scrubing with cookware. Stop worrying about having all types of cookware that has a non stick feature. If you like ceramic, those thiings are sold without any coatings. I already gave you a link for those items.

For making cookies/pies/cupcakes use aluminum which is recommended for all pastry items. Aluminum has nothing to do with coatings. You can also use glass bakeware for ovens.

When you cook, put your birds in another area away from the kitchen. Many people do this and it has nothing to do with what cookware they use.

My grandma would have a heart attack if she had to worry about these things 60 yrs ago. She did alright and no one got sick or poisined.

AND Ladies, how about helping me out here!!! How about adding something????? I'm not an international chef!!

Lol! Dave, you are doing wonderfully indeed;-) An international cooking advise service :-D

I'm not paranoid, I'm just a lot lazy and a bit confused. Lazy because I hate closing the door all the time, no matter that Zak doesn't come into the kitchen (we have very small apartment). Lazy about opening the window when outside is below freezing or just below boiling and I would much rather like a safe kitchen cookware because I often do not have time to do whole put -a -bird -away -and -secure -everything thing. Also, I hate being confused. Being confused made me do mistakes that I shouldn't have done in the past and I wouldn't want Zak to pay the price-again. I'm glad that I told everything that was on my mind because I would buy that silicon coated cookware because I didn't find anything wrong with silicon in all my search.

The language you do not understand because it is Croatian and it is about only ceramic coated cookware that I could find at all here in Cro.

And I am fine with the little scrubbing;-)

Tnx Dave:-)