NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Good News!

Jakesbirds

This is how the visit went. When we got there she came out to meet us, and she was really nice. She took us to the room where the incubator is. I caught my first glimpse. He was in a plastic container snuggling with a little red teddy bear. She fixed up his formula and took him out to feed him. He is so funny when he eats! Its like he is smacking his lips. Once he got his fill I washed my hands really good and got to hold him in his towel. He was a lot heavier than he looks. He has little feathers covering most of his body and the flight feather are just starting to come out. So I got to rub his head and pet him. I set him back down and he decided to show off. He stood up on his wobbly legs for about a minute, and my mom got plenty of pictures. (Ill have to post them later) Then he tried walking around a little bit. I think he was trying to snuggle against my warm hands. Before he got too cold and tired she put him back into the incubator. He got against the bear again and starting to go to sleep.

Then it was time to let him rest so we went into her living and I got to hold her 4 month old sun conure. He was so nice. Her timneh gave us the stare down the entire time we were near him. He had his feathers ruffled up untill everyone but me left the room. Then he dicided to calm down and make some sounds. Then it was time to go. We spent a little over an hour there and I enjoyed every second. I cant wait for in a few weeks when he can stay out of the incubator and walk around and play with me. But anyway it was a fun experience and I think he enjoyed the attention.