NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A man and his bird

Doug

Lord Douglesworth and his faithful companion, Ellie Birdington

I usually grow a beard for a month or so each winter. My favorite part is getting rid of it...

I only keep the transitional styling for a day or two, simply to avoid TOO much marital strife.

(My daughter, Keira, said that she would not acknowledge that she was related to me. She said she would claim that I was her mother's new boyfriend...)

6823739591_2aef47d98b.jpg

Lord Douglesworth and his faithful companion, Ellie Birdington by shyzaboy, on Flickr

Ellie likes it that I am just as gray as she is...

And so does Josey, my husband has a beard that none of the grandchildren has seen him without, in fact it has been a long time since our kids have seen him without it so if he would choose to shave it all off Josey might be taken aback some, no worries as I think he will die with it.

I am glad you got bored because this thread gave me such enjoyment. I am still laughing at your daughter's wit. My husband has had a moustache since we met. Once, I was joking and put my hand on his lip and was "wondering" what he would look like without it. The next morning he came down cleanshaven and it was a shock I would not want repeated. He looked like his mother! I was referring to him as "Mrs. Confer" and he grew it back quick and has had it for three decades. I cover the top of his head and "wonder" what he would look like without his hair too, but thankfully he hasn't shaved his head. Thanks for sharing your sense of humor with us. I love that Ellie has taken it in stride, she barely seems to care how you shape your beard.