NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rehomed/ Rescued Grey- Stewart

murfchck

Hi, my husband and i have added a wonderful little guy named Stewart, who is 5 years old, to our ever growing family. A week after we got him home and settled in, a 7 year old Macaw also entered our lives! They are a joy! We found this site before we got Stewart home and i must say that if it were not for some great answers to others questions, i would still be scratching my head about some of the things he does. I did not join until today however because I was snooping around on a thread and found some wonderful advice on toys and wanted to thank them. Stewart is persnickity about toys and i found that straws were all he tolerated to toss around and she had a great toy to make! I still need behavior advice and will be looking to see where to post some questions!

Yes, Welcome... You will find just abt. any info you need here & if not, ASK :) -- There are so many, many knowledgeable people & we brainstorm until we find the answer.

I've had a rehome & it's taken almost 2 years to even begin to gain his trust. I see you found our Bird Rescue Haven page also. Just let us know

Thanks for joining us. Every story has much to offer the rest of us as we sort through, make sense of behaviors and celebrate the joy these characters bring to our home. What is your macaw's name? I love the name Stewart. I am very much looking forward to learning more about both of your new buddies.

Hello Murfchck and welcome to our family and congrats on giving Stewart a new forever home.

Boy you have really taken on a handfull adopting a macaw at about the same time but I hope it all goes smoothly for you as they settle into their new home, you must already have birds since you said growing family so how about telling us what others you have and their names so we can get to know you better.

You know we have the best information here as it is firsthand knowledge from experienced grey owners who many have been thru the same things you are going thru and we are a helpful bunch willing to answer any questions you may have so be sure to ask no matter how silly.

I am assuming that is Stewart in your avatar but if you have any other pictures of your flock you would share with us we would love to see them.

Welcome murfchck, Stewart and your new macaw to the grey forum and we are glad you joined. All birds are welcome

This may be a the grey forum , but we have a awesom other birds room and a great amazon room where we all share our life with our fids.

We love pictures and storys

Thank you all for the welcomes! I am really trying to figure this picture thing out to show you all my family, sadly though so far no success. Stewart has been a monkey today, it has been so much fun watching him open up. For the last week, everyday he has added a new whistle to his shows. Today was the bomb dropping sound without the explosion. I hope one day he will start talking again, the day i brought him home he said step up when i put him on his cage and thats the last thing he said. Either way, i luv him!

Someone asked about our macaw, his name is Oliver. When we went to get him we didn't know what to expect. We were greated by the most beautiful little boy ( with the largest lungs ) we have ever seen. We were told he had been "over" groomed by her cage mate but, did not expect to see him with only one row of feathers on his wings, and very battered up tail feathers and a unibrow. We took him to our avian vet because he was weezing and mouth breathing. The weezing has stopped but 10 days on antibiotics, he still has sinus issues, he is also getting sores that he can not be inflicting on his self AND we suspected but now can confirm a wing injury from before we got him. Needless to say, back to the doctor tomorrow.

We do have a black masked lovebird also. Lynard. He flew into our home one afternoon when my husband opened the door to let the dogs outside, that was over a year ago. He is hand tamed and loves to be on his back getting a belly rub! ( his lungs give Olivers lungs a run for the money)

Over 20 years ago we had an umbrella, Oscar, but he went to live with a wonderful family who loved him dearly and could give him the time he deserved.

We also have 3 chihuahuas and a blind diabetic min pin, 1 cat ( all rescues ) and a koi pond! I am missing a reptile to complete my zoo but that will have to wait! Lol