NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hey Everyone

Hello my name is Jake. I will be getting a congo african grey in a couple weeks. I thought I might join this website to help me learn a little more. I have been doing TONS of research. I have two guinea pigs, two budgies and a lot of chickens that I own and take care of. I really enjoy all animals in general. I am hoping the grey will be a great addition to my life. Here is the most recent picture the breeder has sent me.

10-1.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Ohhh goodness dats a liddle one! *smiles* Couple weeks huh? So you will be doing alot of the hand feeding yourself? I have lots of pets too! I have 2 small "yippie" dogs both under 3 pounds, and 1 large dog over 100 pounds, 2 outdoor cats, chickens and a horse! Altho, those animals are kepts down the road a bit at my neighbors :D I wish you lots of luck with the raising of your baby! This is an awesome place to get information, ask lots of questions great peeps here! Cant wait to see more pics!

Hello Jake and welcome to our family. congrats on the purchase of your first grey.

You have done the right thing to come here to learn all you can before the big day you bring your little one home as this forum is filled with loads of information gathered firsthand so who better to know what you are going thru, we have been there and done that.

The picture of your little one is adorable, so cute at this age and I hope you continue to share the pics with us as they come in, we love watching them grow.

Welcome Jake to our family. What an adorable picture! I am glad to hear you are waiting until your baby is weaned. Please keep us updated and look forward to hearing more. Don't be a stranger while you are waiting for,your baby to come home!

Thanks everyone I feel so welcomed.

As for names, I like the older style names. I have tought about Oliver. I havent really thought of any good names for a girl. The breeder is going to send of the information of it to be dna sexed in about 3 weeks. Plus I will get to meet him/her around that time so it might make it easier to decide. But I am open for any suggestions!