NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help Lucy Find A Home

Elvenking

Hello all. I went down for my first interview at the Project Wildlife center here in san diego and found my first opportunity to do a good deed. A sweet Grey needs a forever home. This bird is gorgeous and seems to have no mental issues out of the ordinary. Here is the information.

First.....the letter from the owner...

"I am looking to find a good home for my parrot. She is an African Grey and is 14 years old. My daughter found her in a tree many years ago.

She is pale grey with a red tail and is very talkative.

She says; "I love you, I love you more, kiss, how's my girl?, bedtime" and more.

She would sell for $1000 but I am not looking to sell her. I just want to find a home where someone would love her and give her attention. Preferably someone who has had a bird and understands their needs.

If you know of anyone please let me know.

Thank You,

Shari"

And the pictures of this sweet beauty. Beautiful bird who just needs a home. She doesn't want money, just a loving owner.

100_3441.jpg

If you can help at all, please PM me and we can work out details. I will have to get to know the prospective owner and speak with you on the phone. Feel free to contact with any questions.

100_3440.jpg

I can inquire about any issues she might have. But this bird appears to be well taken care of by someone who simply does not have the bandwidth to properly care for the bird. Given that she says things like, "I love you" and "I love you more", I am guessing there hasn't been a lot of trauma. In addition, the appearance of her is wonderful. I have sent an email out to the lady and will get more complete information. However, if I didn't have Isaac, I would give the sweetie a home today myself.

How awesome that you are helping! I'm in Los Angeles and thought about taking her for a few seconds but I already have 9 birds and I think that's enough for now. I hope she finds a forever home soon. I will put the word out. Any idea if the cage is included?

I am not sure yet. I will have to email the lady to check the status and get back to ya. When I did email her she said she would let me know if she needed help finding a new forever home for Lucy, so I was kind of taken off the case at that point. But I will check in on her and let you know what I hear.

So I haven't heard back from the lady, but here is the last email she sent me when I asked if I could help.

Stephen,

Thank you for your offer. I have a few people that I am going to speak with who have responded to my email. If I don't feel that one of them will work I will contact you.

Thank You,

Shari

So that is all I really have. The lady does care about the bird though so I think that Lucy is in good hands. If I get anything more I will let the forum know. I think we can be thankful that so many want to insure Lucy's good care.