NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

ohh interesting observation today

snoepgoed123

today I went to visit archimedes, and like a proud momma I video taped him/her using my cellphone. I have iPhone 4 where you can record like a mirror. So when I faced it so archimedes could see himself (herself) in the screen he/she was a lot more interested in whats going on. Afterwards, I was curious and I played it back to him/her after a couple minutes, and that was something! He could hear the birdy in the phone, and kept looking behind the phone to see where the bird in the phone was... and the little squeaks were going back and forth, like he was talking to the bird in the phone.

I don't know, i thought it was cool, so I figured I would share with you guys, he/shes just under 12 weeks old and I'm amazed by the intelligence that he/she has already.

My three always watch me when I talk to them. Their eyes say so much. I love it when Louie the zon's eyes are laughing. Our parrots have such expressions if you just care to look. Snoepgoed, you will be amazed at how much Archimedes wants to learn. Greys are marvelous and so want to please.

I am really excited to start this journey with Archimedes. The studies from Dr. Irene Pepperburg were so interesting to me, and I read Alex and Me... that really peaked my interest in a AG... I used to have a cockatiel that was just so incredibly smart (who I miss dearly) and I'm just so excited to have another feathery friend back in the house again. I've taken a lot of human development classes, specifically for children from birth to 10, and even though I know that parrots are not humans, I think it would be fun using my education and apply it to Archimedes... specifically piaget, (the guy that did the stages of development) as well as some other theories that could be modified to fit for parrots... I would only be applying it to get a better understanding of my CAG and not go much further... since my interest is really in human children education haha