NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cages By Design?

AmyJ

Hi all,

I want to adopt and African Grey and am looking into homing options. I've read about stainless steel, finishes, where to buy, etc- it's all fabulous and a little overwhelming. I have also heard of "Cages By Design" but can't find any mention of them here on the forums. I'm new so I may have missed something- please link me if you know something I don't?

Can anyone provide feedback or thoughts on them? They tend to be a bit pricier than some but other than that any additional observations would be greatly appreciated. I've never used a cage like this before so I am hoping all of the expert care givers & bird owners on this site would have some input... enough of my blathering:

Take a look at the cages/homes: click here

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

• 3 months later...

Those particular cages are expensive but if money is no problem then by all means go for it, I actually like the powder coated cages, the ones more commonly used for it provides them with another way to exercise their talons by climbing on the sides of the cage, most usually have the bars going both horizonal and vertical so it gives their feet more of a workout as they usually like to climb the cage at times. I know perches and limbs are in those pretty cages in the link you provided but the other cages give them options not available in these pricey versions. Just my opinion of course.

This is my personal opinion, to me, these cages would be pretty hard to keep clean, all that glass and small wire spacing. If you like the style you should get one, frankly I don't think a grey/parrot would know the difference except it might be harder to give a head tickle without opening the cage.

I bought one recently (still waiting for some of the parts) but thus far it's great...my TAG sort of loves it...she's more of an outside bird, but when she's in it, she sounds like she's happy.

I bought the powder coated ones, like you guys said the acrylic cages are more for trophy birds and is used more for keeping the house clean..there's no chance for seeds to drop out of the cage with those.