NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How fluffed is too fluffed?

zephyr

Hello,

I have a new grey. It's a bit over 3 months old and I just took her home this past Saturday.

She is fluffed up a lot like this when she isn't playing or something.

q8xcG.jpg

Is this normal for her age? She seems very happy, is eating, drinking, and will perch\climb\balance on many things. I'm trying to not be a "new parent" and freak out taking her to the vet over every little thing.

For all those owners that have a fluffed bird.... good for you! No bird, can fluff enough. Sense of "self", is strong. While we all know greys tend to "love" themselves, they can easily develop issues of plucking, inability to adjust to "change". Fluffing in my opinion, is a bird that is content, independent, and more capable to deal with unexpected changes in life. Nancy

totally normal i think they look like baby penguins when they are like that. ill have to post a pic of luna just before i cover her up she is one big puff ball.

on a side note, i would be careful with that suction cup perch you have. ive read on other forums where people have used them like in the shower, and the suction cups fail. bird cant fly to catch themselves from falling and end up with a broken leg from hitting the shower floor. just something to be aware of.

cute-baby-penguins.jpg

Edited by carlsjr