NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Weight?

aerial.2000

I'm with Greywings on the Sonic Boom. ;) My 'tiel (and former budgie) seem to prefer the perch and I've always been frustrated I couldn't get Spencer on it. After a year an a half, I FINALLY had the brilliant idea to put the flat platform on it (my scale came w/ both) and 'herd' Spencer onto it. Now I can weigh him. To each his/her own.

LOL well its not a big fancy story or nothing ... My oldest son (18) is just not able to get himself up to any type of alarm. I have tried the round wind up ones with the big bells ontop of it, Ive tried a clock radio, Ive bought the kind that say LOUD ALARM. Heck he even sets his 2 cell phones to go off and nothing ... I say ... NOTHING wakes this kid up :mad:

So, Ive been hearing alot about these "sonic boom" clocks that are sposed to be made especially for the hearing impaired people. So I called the ear store (HAHAHHAA) close to here and low n behold they had one for a mere $85.00 :eek: good lawd .. but everyones telling me theres no way he'll sleep thru that :rolleyes: it even had a bed shaker thing and a place to plug in a lamp or something to make the lamp flicker on and off.

So when it came home I was all excited to get it all hooked up didnt even tell the kid that I did (this was thursday night) I plugged in a strobe light :eek: and stuffed that bedshaker under his pillow and lo-n-behold it woke him up the next morning however ... it was for 2 reasons ... 1 the bedshaker came out from under his pillow and was smacking him in the head as it vibrated and 2 his buddy had crashed over and the lights flickering on woke him up which in turn woke up the boy child. The tone it produced tho, wouldnt of probably of even woke me up :(

Needless to say ... 3 days later he had slept thru it every day since then ... UGH. So for $85 we took that back and I went online to Amazon and started surfing and I must of read well over 40 posts of if people liked the clock or not etc etc ...and 85% of them swore it would wake the dead!!!!! So I thought, well, maybe I will try a new clock ... still the same sonic boom type clock with a bed shaker thing but for only $26 :D and this one is definately LOTS lots lots louder and so far its been the best clock we've tried.

Soooooo that is my tale of the sonic boom :rolleyes: its been a difficult time really ... its not that his hearing is bad, its that he is that sound of a sleeper and well lets face it a teenager that doesnt like to come home and get in bed at 10-11pm in order to get up for work at 6am :rolleyes: and pretty soon hes moving out so hes not going to HAVE mommy there to wake him up anymore :D so ... we had to do something!

My vet suggested that we weigh our bird after his morning deposit, in order to get a feel of what his normal weight range can be. Why this is a good idea? Because if a bird is sick he can lose weight imperceptibly until he becomes very sick. I thought this was good advice. We weighed Brutus every day for a couple of years. Now we only weigh him every few days. We also get yearly checkups with our avian vet.