NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greetings from Illinois!

Artoo

Hello! I'm a newbie here. I am bringing my first CAG home in a month and a half and am extremely excited. I have been wanting to welcome an African Grey into my home for the past 15 years, ever since I took "Chico" home for a month in high school. Chico was awesome! She would laugh with us as we watched sitcoms on the TV and would give me kisses on the cheek. I really enjoyed playing with her and was amazed at her intelligence, curiosity, and affection.

Now I'm waiting for my baby to be weaned. I am very, very excited and just a little bit nervous (is that normal?). I've been reading up on African Greys and, I must admit, have been lurking on this forum a bit! I finally signed up and wanted to say hello. I am sure that I will enjoy being a part of this community and I will learn a lot from others. :)

Hello Artoo and welcome to our family, so glad to hear you are getting your first grey. Is this the first parrot for you or do you have other birds?

You will learn a lot from reading thru the many threads here as it is firsthand experience and do ask questions if you have any and we will help you in any way we can.

I know you are very excited about the homecoming of your new baby grey and the next month and a half will seem like forever but use the time to learn all you can.

We welcome pictures any time if you have any.

Welcome. You being nervous is a GOOD sign, it means you're not entering into this LIFETIME commitment lightly. I love to see such thoughtfulness in a future caretaker.

BTW, I'm also in Illinois - north of Chicago, just about to Wisconsin. Always nice to see a 'neighbor.'

Artoo, welcome to you! Congrats on the journey to your first baby Grey! Are you getting your baby locally? I am also waiting on a baby right now, and it will more than likely be another month or so. He will be getting shipped to me though.

We love baby pics around here, so if you get time....*hint hint nudge nudge* :)

Artoo :) welcome ... this is the most awesome place. I was so excited to find it as well. I am waiting like many others for my first baby it probably wont be till march (cuz hes only 3wks now) but I have learned so much and asked so many questions. This is the right place to be while you wait!

Hello Artoo and welcome to our family, so glad to hear you are getting your first grey. Is this the first parrot for you or do you have other birds?

You will learn a lot from reading thru the many threads here as it is firsthand experience and do ask questions if you have any and we will help you in any way we can.

I know you are very excited about the homecoming of your new baby grey and the next month and a half will seem like forever but use the time to learn all you can.

We welcome pictures any time if you have any.

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome! I have had birds before, but never an African Grey. I had a Parakeet when I was much younger (then again, who didn't? :)) and a Cockatiel. I am very excited about welcoming the baby into my home. As I said before, I took care of an African Grey for about a month. This was a long time ago, and I have been wanting to have one join me for about 15 years!

I look forward to learning a lot on this forum, and I'll be sure to post some pics of the baby as soon as I can.

Artoo, welcome to you! Congrats on the journey to your first baby Grey! Are you getting your baby locally?

I live in southern Illinois and the baby is in Tennessee, near Nashville. I will actually be meeting the breeder halfway when the baby is ready to come home.