NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi I'm new

Hello Rubys-Mum and welcome to our family, so glad you are looking into getting yourself a grey.

If you are looking for tips then by all means read thru as many of the threads here as it will give you an idea of what you are getting into and be sure it is the right bird for you, do research to know if it is a good fit as too many people have jumped in and bought one before finding out what they need and then down the road they are looking to rehome it. Ask questions if you have any and we will help you in any way we can.

Hi everybody and thank you all for making me feel so welcome! I'll definately be looking through your threads for info! Can't wait to get my grey, I live in Norfolk (uk) and hope to find a youngster locally if possible as I don't like the idea of my feathered friend having to travel too far, it may be very stressful for him/her? best wishes to all, rubys-mum :)

welcome rubys-mom :) I was searching locally for a grey to "re-home" on a Kansas search based program and came across someone from the UK looking to rehome 2 of her greys. Being that she was out of country I chose not to do that but to keep searching till I found a local breeder/petstore here and can now get mine as a baby. I hope you find your baby soon too!

• 2 weeks later...

June... I have two Maltese. They LOVE our birds. I use to have two lhaso Apso, that unfortunately died when they were 18, and 17. They both had the special opportunity to get to know Sophie, our grey. They both loved her from the start. Max taught our new pups, how the bird/dog world worked. They were both senior dogs when Sophie came along. Your Shitzu, will do just fine. Nancy

aerial2000 All dogs and cats must be supervised with birds. Several years later, I feel comfortable, leaving for work, while bird cages are left open. Even when dogs eat their boiled chicken in the morning ( a long story, why they eat that), I supervice the feeding. Sophie walks out, and wants a piece of chicken. She's given a piece, away from the dogs. Pups need to eat in peace. I laughed the otherday, when she didn't want her entire piece. Thru it in zoeys direction. Called Zoey. " here you go Zoey!", she said. Zoey was very grateful Nancy