NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I am on a waiting list

Thebirdistheword

Hello everyone as most of you know I have been waiting for a baby grey for quite some time. Well last weekend we went to (2) different pet shops the first one was small but very clean the birds were talking and well socialized. The 4 greys they had were all spoken for and they were 12 weeks One of them said hi to me and was wanting me to pet him. I wanted it so bad everytime I moved he followed me. So the owner who is also the breeder put me on a waiting list and there are only 5 babies and I am number 7 I wanted to spot her a 50 to bump me up on the list OMG thats terrible isnt it? The other one I was very disappointed they werent friendly nor were their birds happyt they all bite and non of them talk.

So earlier in the month I went to this other shop and They were also very impressive so I called about available greys They said they will have babies in 3 weeks I am so ready to have a baby grey of my own.

Before we got Corky our CAG we looked at greys for over a year and one day we were at a pet shop that we delt with for years that specialized in birds and they had baby greys and this one came over to us and ran up the wifes arm to her shoulder and took a poop. The wife said she picked us out so we also left a deposit. That was eleven years ago.

Thanks for the comments I hope it happens soon I WANT TO BE A MOMMY LOL
I totally can relate to your story! My problem is we live in the country and there are no such things as "pet stores" round here. So I started online, cruising the local ads for greys for sale. Notice I said local, uhm, Im in Kansas and the 3 that responded one was in Great Britain one was in Michigan and the other was already gone. So, imagine how upset I was :(

I came home and started just browsing the petshops within 200 miles from my house and none of them had much more then parakeets and things youd find at Petsmart typically. Finally on the last page, I found a store called the Parrot House........... COULD IT BE?! An actual store that sold parrots? So I called and the guy was so amazingly helpful and caring. I actually went up there last weekend to just go "look". They told me that the grey they had there (they hand raise) was already under deposit, but they let me play with it! Just further making me want one so badly. The owner told me, they would be getting 2 more in 3 weeks <eyes perked up> So without any hesitation, I put down my deposit on the baby and the most amazing cage!

So now I have to wait until probably late March to bring my baby home. The wait is going to drive me crazy. I cant stop reading, researching, watching videos and course coming here or talking about it. Needless to say, if Im this excited and I dont even have the bird, once it does get here they will be peeling me off the ceiling! *giggles*

So it looks like we both might become mommys about the same time! I cant wait either :D

Thanks Aerial2000 I have been doing the exact same thing I am addicted to grey videos and posts and pictures just trying to absorb as much information as possible. I have been doing this almost every night for 6 months. Do you have Facebook? I would love to im chat with you. If that is cool with you I was so disappointed when the breeder at the shop told me all 4 greys were spoken for but quickly put me on a waiting list I was so happy until she said there were 5 and I was number 7 i am so glad you found a place to get a baby. But a little jealous that you put down a deposit LOL. I should hear from the breeder in 2 weeks. By the way I just found someone having to sell their 16 wk old baby due to his wife being pregnant they live 4 hours away. I emailed him and told him my situation and about the waiting list. He must have just got her.

oh wow that would be wonderful if you didnt have to wait and could help rescue that baby! Sadly I dont have facebook, just yahoo and msn messanger (so old skool) lol I do that so Im not tempted to spy on what my kids are doing and have to learn more then maybe I wanna know lol. I feel silly having put a deposit down on an egg but I sure wasnt going to let another chance pass me by specially when there was only going to be 2 coming in! wanted to guarantee one would be mine now its just the longggggg wait.

Congrats to you both on your impending arrivals! I too, am waiting for my little man to come gome. He is still on 4 feedings a day, so it will be awhile. He is now 11 weeks old I believe. The wait is just crazy! I gotta say though, I think I have exhausted every Grey video on youtube during this waiting period LOL

Eventhough I don't live in the country I still could not find a local breeder I liked. The major one in our area raised 100's of birds at a time. I didn't feel the little guy would get the personal attention he needed. I ended up buying online from a breeder in NC. I liked how they abundance weaned, lots of attention and left flighted (if desired).

Guess my point is to others - don't rule out going remote if you have too. I think it was $85 additional ($35 crate / $50 airfare) to have him shipped in.

Brett

I know I hear that its terrible isnt it how old r your children i have 1 15yr old daughter and that is enough for me. lol
i have 2 boys 18 and 17 and they are going to be moving out maybe even before my baby gets home ....

Congrats to you both on your impending arrivals! I too, am waiting for my little man to come gome. He is still on 4 feedings a day, so it will be awhile. He is now 11 weeks old I believe. The wait is just crazy! I gotta say though, I think I have exhausted every Grey video on youtube during this waiting period LOL
lol I can totally relate to watching every grey video on youtube i have been doing the exact same thing i like the people from birdtricks.com they have great videos on all their birds! (and the website is really cool too) I have been stocking up on things for the baby when he gets home including toys and ice trays to make some yummy frozen treats and Im going to buy a small food processor to make really healthy foods for him. I am going to call the petstore today to see if the baby has atleast hatched lol Im going NUTS wanting to know *grins*

OMG !!!!!!!!! my baby hatched lol and will arrive at the store Jan 27th at 4 weeks of age :D :D :D Im almost shaking Im so excited! Man those people there are SO so so nice. I gave the guy my cell # and hes gonna send me a pic soon as they get there ... you know when that pic shows up Ima be CRAZY excited !!!!!!! wow wow

OMG !!!!!!!!! my baby hatched lol and will arrive at the store Jan 27th at 4 weeks of age :D :D :D Im almost shaking Im so excited! Man those people there are SO so so nice. I gave the guy my cell # and hes gonna send me a pic soon as they get there ... you know when that pic shows up Ima be CRAZY excited !!!!!!! wow wow

Well that is just awesome! Let the official wait begin!!

mybabies.jpg

OMG I went to the pet store today with my boys to show them the other CAG there that is 3 mo old and almost ready to go home to its owners and to my surprise, my kids went nuts in that store buying all sorts of toys and things for my soon to be baby.

Then to my even bigger suprise, the son Steven of the store owner went in back and came out with MY BABY that wasnt sposed to be in the store til next weekend! I tried not to cry like a babbling baby infront of my kids but the surprise was SO overwhelming I couldnt hide the tears.

SO I am so pleased to introduce you to my baby .. (course I dont know which one is going to be mine yet but one of them sure will be! :D :D :D) WOW what a GREAT DAY !!!!!!!!

Edited by aerial.2000