NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Watermelon?

zandralouw

Can someone please tell me if it is okay for my AG to eat watermelon if I remove the seeds. I am making a list of all the yes and nos to put on my fridge, so I can plan well for Lucy and Charlie's diets...

I have found some great advice and a couple of list on the forum, but none mentioned watermelon...

Thx!

Lucy.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes Ray, do you remember the panic I was in when Nilah ate too much watermelon? There is a thread here on it and I was ready to rush her off to a far away vet as her poops looked all runny and bloody! Turned out it was from too much watermelon.

• 3 months later...
I definitely agree with the others, my birds love watermelon! I don't think it has much nutritional value to it, but as a little treat I think it is great. Anyone else have any knowledge of the nutritional value?

i dont think there is any nutritional value to it at all for birds or humans ... but as a treat we probably have maybe 3 watermellons all summer long so :D that will go on the list of safe foods! YEAH!

You all are good, Watermelon is, water and sugar, you get funny colored watery poop, Uno Paquito, on the mellon....Thanks Jay

Nutrients in

Watermelon

1.00 cup (152.00 grams)

Nutrient%Daily Value

vitamin C

20.5%

vitamin A

17.2%

potassium

4.8%

magnesium

3.8%

Calories (45)

2%

I remember kids calling me at work, that Kiki was bleeding... had a red beak. I was calm, asked for her symtoms! It ended up being raspberries. Another time kids called me, Kiki looked blue around the beak. She had eaten blueberries for breakfast.

The onetime they called and it was legit, Sophie had chewed a feather and she was spurting blood, I came home. She had chewed a serious feather. Put some dermabond on it, and she was fine. Kids were shocked, and realized how important they are, in caring for our birds. They became 100& commited to our birds after that. Nancy