NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Question about bird mess and cleaning

scooter4n

talking about pooping.

I know CAG poop way bigger and messier then little quaker pile :)

Now, question is about feeding schedule and play time.

DO you feed twice a day or food is always available? I remember reading on some sites that they only need to be offered food twice.

So like for example you know you going to have some play time in the evening can you take food away few hours before that so your bird wont unload on you?

I feed my parrots fresh foods twice a day, morning and evening. There is always parrot food pellets in my parrots' cages at all times. Because I am retired my parrots are out of their cages all day and I have foraging stations for them with perches and food holders. I usually give them fresh snap peas or other veggies and nuts during the day. In other words there is food available all the time.

Like LuvParrots said, definitely keep pellets available all the time. Chickie has a bowl in her cage and a bowl on her tree stand that are full all the time. As far as other stuff, we give her snacks periodically throughout the day and ususally a little bit of our dinner, if it meets her standards. :) And, unfortunately, getting pooped on just comes with the territory. You can try and "potty train" your bird, there are threads on here about it, but usually when I play with Chickie on my lap I just have a big towel under her and deal with it. I wouldn't recommend withholding food or water to avoid getting pooped on.

I love my Shark portable steamer. I'll clean Dorian's playstand with it at night when he's in his cage, and visa-versa. The heat and the steam are great at liquifying dried on mess, and the force of the steam helps blow dirt and seed from tight crevaces. That, and the high heat is disinfecting at the same time.