NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Conditions that lead to INCREASED HORMONES in parrots.

lovethatgrey

I really don't think this article is such an eye opening piece of material because it can be misinterpeted by many people. First off, the article only refers to adult, mature, breeding age birds. People doing all the petting/sctratching/tickling in wrong places on immature birds only creates a nippy bird because the person doing all of this touching in the wrong places will eventually wanna stop and that immature bird won't want that person to stop and will eventually bite because the bird is getting excited and being left unsatisfied.

I can't even remember how many times I've told people not to do these types of things to their immature birds. AND, I say immature because at least 85% of the birds here are immature/adolescent/baby birds.

From the article-----

~~~~All cockatoos have an age that they reach “maturity” and this varies from 2-3 years for the small ones and 6-8 years for the big ones. If one disregards the information above and does things all wrong, much younger birds will begin to “feel” hormone production and suffer for it. These birds are confused and not understanding why things are happening or not happening.~~~~

Human terminology------hot and bothered

Thatr simply refers to what I already said above that's underlined and it's been said over and over and over. Why has it been said over and over? Well, it's because of all the people who come here and ask "why did my bird bite me? I was only snuggling and petting him and he was loving it and all of a sudden he bit me. Is my bird mad at me? I feel so terrible.!!

Most of the people here who own adult birds are usually aware of what they shouldn't do because of past experiences.

Edited by Dave007