NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

barking problem

Koekie

Hello :)

I have learned my Koekie a new trick. I don't recommend to teach your parrot this, cause now my birdie won't stop barking:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfk6l_P-hQ

Greetings Bianca and the dogparrot!

Maybe you want to see this to, My Pyrrhura playing basketball :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqqv5Nk8NWA

Edited by Koekie

Ahh yes, the barking dog. Love it!!!!

My parrots love to bark especially my Ana Grey. My pug always barks when she want to go outside. Lily stands in front of the patio door and barks. I go in the kitchen and let her out.

Well Ana Grey has also gone to the plant stand I have in the kitchen and barks. Many times I have gone into the kitchen to let "her" out. Little stinker.

Love the things you have taught your fids to do Bianca. Ana Grey will shake hands upon request and Louie, the zon, will go into his cage upon request but that is all I have accomplished.

Ahh yes, the barking dog. Love it!!!!

My parrots love to bark especially my Ana Grey. My pug always barks when she want to go outside. Lily stands in front of the patio door and barks. I go in the kitchen and let her out.

Well Ana Grey has also gone to the plant stand I have in the kitchen and barks. Many times I have gone into the kitchen to let "her" out. Little stinker.

Love the things you have taught your fids to do Bianca. Ana Grey will shake hands upon request and Louie, the zon, will go into his cage upon request but that is all I have accomplished.

Smart Ana grey :) Thank you for the reaction, Koekie gives you a kiss. (and a fart :P)

My finches can do that to! Go in their cage on request.

Is it request? I always say on clue...

Greys will bark. Too the point, you don't know if the dog is barking, or the grey! LOL Sophie LOVES our two Maltese dogs. Dogs were pups, when she first came home. They were trained by my Lhasa Apso, to " respect" the birds. He was blind, but would " charge", the pups, when they ran to meet Sophie. Max taught them how to love and respect our birds. They needed to share. Once Max knew they respected birds, especially Sophie, he left her in charge of our animal kingdom, and departed from us. Nancy

The zon came to me knowing how to speak lab puppy. He taught 2 quakers and 2 conures how to speak puppy. I had 5 barking birds and no dog. I worked from home and customers would often call and hear my "kennel crew". The conversation went something like this. Customer: Oh what kind of puppies do you have. Me: I don't have any. Customer: (long pause) Oh I thought I heard barking in the background. Me: Its my parrots. Customer: (longer pause) Oh. I thought parrots whistled and chirped. I would then have to go into the story of how the zon came to me from a home with a puppy and how the puppy must have barked every time the phone rang.

Thanks for helping me remember that.

• 2 weeks later...