NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

To Clip...Or NOT to Clip..............

dyeraudio

Our baby grey has her wings clipped.....OK, now I know that this is common practice. However, my wife and I always have her out whenever we're home and she ALWAYS wants to be where we are....She has a perch which consists of a 22" plate with a U-shaped perch and 2 cups. So she'll sit on her perch until she sees us then tries to fly to where we are. Well she ends up doing a nice "faceplant" into a table, chair or other surface about 3 feet into her flight. Since their breastbones aren't covered with feathers is it better to let her wings grow to avoid anymore "crash-landings" and potential harm?

There are lots of threads reading this highly sensitive topic. Rater than get a bunch of feathers all ruffled as many of us have very strong feelings about whether to clip or not. ( I am of the NEVER clip your bird family) may I suggest that you search in the Grey Lounge for these past threads, there are many and there you will read much about both sides of this subject.

I suggest this as these threads can get quite heated between members for and against, and I feel it is of no benefit to rehash the same arguements again...:)

Thanks so much! Look forward to hearing more from you and seeing some pictures!!