NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey Questionnaire

AGreyBoy21

I've been doing a lot of research on greys and have found out loads of info. The main problem is every site has a different opinion on this or that. So I have TONS of questions. here we go, The grey is referred to as a wild bird but I thought Egyptians domesticated them 4000 years ago? (I'm not talking about the wild caught greys). Are greys one person birds? Do they change their person of affection one they reach sexual maturity or sometime in their life? What is the difference between male and females personality wise? What is the difference apart from coloration and size between CAG and TAG? (not which one is better)Do Timnehs not talk as well as Congos? How many hours does a grey need out of its cage per day minimum? Are Congos more likely to be neurotic, shy, and/or changing from one person of affection to another? I have more questions but i've got to think of them and this should be enough for now. Thanks so much

You are not asking for much are you? Just kidding, for now.

I could recommend some good books that will carry a lot of information that will cover most of the questions you ask. One very good one is "For the Love of Greys" by Bobbi Brinker, it has loads of helpful info on all aspects of grey ownership.

Also we have loads of threads here that deal with every situation you have mentioned and if you will take the time to read thru a lot of them, you will find the answers to your questions.

If you have not already done so, please introduce yourself in the welcome room so we can get to know you better, and do you already own a grey or just researching before you purchase?

Are greys one person birds? They can be if they are not socialized.

Do they change their person of affection one they reach sexual maturity or sometime in their life? Yes they have been knows to change who their fave person is.

What is the difference between male and females personality wise? None that I know of.

What is the difference apart from coloration and size between CAG and TAG? I believe TAG's are less prone to plucking and other issues greys have. If I had not found this out during my research on TAG's I would of never had the guts to get Que.

(not which one is better)

Do Timnehs not talk as well as Congos? No they can talk just as good but not all greys talk. If you are buying a bird just to hear it talk I suggest you rethink getting a bird.

How many hours does a grey need out of its cage per day minimum? I let mine out at least an hour but more is better.

Are Congos more likely to be neurotic, shy, and/or changing from one person of affection to another? Nope

Feel free to have a look around and read some of the great threads and articles people have posted here.

Be sure to inturduce yourself in out welcome room also so that our member may welcome you properly.<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/09/16 23:44

My grey is 2 years old. She likes everyones who visits. She is more my bird than my wifes. She acts the same to both of us. She never bites but she will nip if I try to make her do something she doesn't like. I usually get my way. We spend a lot of time with all our birds and they are all visitor friendly. We are blessed.