NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need Advice for Nilah!

Talon

Well I have a hard time getting Slater to go to bed too at times. Something I do is I let Slater stay up later than his brothers afterall he is the oldest-lol. I feel he demands more one-on-one time than the others do. I give all 3 of mine one-on-one but I think it helps to give Slater his last.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I couldn't get Nilah in her cage before I had to go teach Zumba, so I left instructions as to our new routine for my 19 yr old daughter to attempt bedtime. (this is the same daughter who sent me an angry text message a few weeks ago while I was at work informing me that NEVER again would she put Nilah to bed! She got but by her that night when attempting to do it) so, I have been doing it ever since and not asking her too.....

I told her if she had any trouble, to lead Nilah out and I would deal with bedtime when I got home around 9:30. When I got home, I expected NilAh to be out, so when I asked where she was, my daughter proudly to.d me SHE put her to bed! I reluctantly asked.....what happened? Did you get bit? She said, she did what I told her I had been doing, and Nilah tried one medium bite, but she told her no biting, and Ni

Ah went into her age and said " nites nites" . SUCCESS!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Just wants to update since its been a while.....we seem to have fallen into a nice bedtime routine. At night, Nilah flies to a dark quiet spot and sits and waits for bedtime to come. I go to her, she asks quietly, do you want to go to bed? I give her a few head cuddles, and she steps,onto my hand with only her left foot for a few minutes, then steps up not my hand with her right foot.......that's her signal that I am allowed to walk to her cage and tell her time for bed, and she continues to say, nuh nites....then she goes int her cage. She then remembers....she's supposed to bite me, she tries a lite bite, then steps down onto her perch. The end!

Just wants to update since its been a while.....we seem to have fallen into a nice bedtime routine. At night, Nilah flies to a dark quiet spot and sits and waits for bedtime to come. I go to her, she asks quietly, do you want to go to bed? I give her a few head cuddles, and she steps,onto my hand with only her left foot for a few minutes, then steps up not my hand with her right foot.......that's her signal that I am allowed to walk to her cage and tell her time for bed, and she continues to say, nuh nites....then she goes int her cage. She then remembers....she's supposed to bite me, she tries a lite bite, then steps down onto her perch. The end!

That sounds almost identical to my "night night" routine. I give a warning - get the big eyes - offer cuddles and then to bed. Sometimes I let him look in the mirror for a minute or two and whistle. It seems to calm him down and get ready for bed. If they are really restless, I read a bedtime story (but, of course, that's totally insane Crazy Bird Lady behavior...and I'd never admit that - except to you guys!!!!)