NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi from Minnesota

I just came across this website today and am very happy to have found it. I have two bids, a Timneh and a Senegal, both originally from Los Angeles when I lived out there from 97-99 (went to USC). I got both as chicks in 1998, Mollie, the Timneh from Parrots Naturally in Tarzana and Allegre, the Senegal, from the Anderson Pet Shop in Glendale. I highly recommend both places. They were much more than breeders--they really cared about the well-being of their birds and I boarded both birds at Parrots Naturally whenever I went on vacation. I transitioned both to pellets several years ago (Kaytee Exact), and they both seem to tolerate it. I try to supplement fruits, bread, vegetables, but I know I should do it more.

Both are prolific talkers (esp. the Gray) and Mollie can be quite surreal with her imitation of my wife and mother-in-law. Unfortunately, the Senegal became a biter several years back (I heard it's common for Poicephalus birds to do so when they reach maturity). It makes it difficult to interact with her now but the TAG is still as friendly as ever. She's never bitten me but neither my wife nor kids are able to handle her without getting bit. I had her when I was still single which probably explains that.

Thanks so much for this site! I look forward to learning and sharing knowledge.

Alan

Hi Alan. Welcome to you & your flock. Sounds like you & the fids have been pretty happy together for a while. But there's a ton of ideas on the forum to help keep things interesting. Seems like we're always talking about bird food, for instance.

Plenty of interesting stuff of all kinds to be found here. And by all means, please feel free to share any questions, stories or pictures often.

Hi Alan and welcome to the grey forum and also welcome Mollie and Allegre. You will find that a good share of us have more than one kind of parrot and or other type of birds and we love to share stories and pictures. (PICTURES).