NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Am I the only one that will spend New Year's Eve at home?:-(

Morana

I prefer to spend it at home away from the crazy drinkers and drunk drivers. I like to be home, I will spend it with my kids, parrots, dogs and cats! Watching tv, I may have a margarita, some snacks and watch it on the tv!

Guess I'm showing my age! LOL!!

I make it a point to stay at home, after all you can't get hit by a drunk driver if you are in bed sleeping. I gave up going out on New Year's Eve a long long time ago, in fact I cannot remember the last time I celebrated it, I will sit by the fire watching some tv with a margarita in hand and will more than likely be in bed sleeping when the new year comes in, I'm not much of a party animal or maybe its my age, take your pick.

My husband and I went to a party last night. We're usually not party types...we're not drinkers (anymore) and drunk drivers scare the hell out of us! I love to be home for any occasion. Since I got AnnaBella, I'm more of a home body and I'll take advantage of every minute I can spend with her. When I do go out, I hurry home to AnnaBella...it's become a bit obsessive, I'm afraid...but I don't care. I don't have kids...she's my baby and the reason I wake up every morning. Being home on New Year's Eve is a gift...I love it!

I'll be working until 11:45pm tonight, then driving home....HOPEFULLY beating most of the drunks on the roads!! Then it's back at work at 1pm tomorrow. When I get home, there may be a small galss of champagne waiting with the 'countdown' saved on TIVO. If not, I'll just go to bed and snuggle. ;)

I'll be working until 11:45pm tonight, then driving home....HOPEFULLY beating most of the drunks on the roads!! Then it's back at work at 1pm tomorrow. When I get home, there may be a small galss of champagne waiting with the 'countdown' saved on TIVO. If not, I'll just go to bed and snuggle. ;)

I wish you a safe ride home!

I used to go out on NYE every year... but not anymore. Now I could really care less. Tonight was the first New Years my husband has had off in 3 years, and we stayed home, snuggled on the couch watching the ball drop, and had our first kiss of 2012. I couldn't think of a better way to bring in the new year. Now he is in bed, and I am playing around online. Happy New Year to everyone!

My partner in crime was asleep on the floor by 10pm. I grabbed my shrimp, made a cocktail sauce so hot I'm surprised it didn't melt my eyebrows, refreshed my wine and spent the ball drop with Anderson Cooper, the cat and my Twitter friends.

LOVE homemade, hot cocktail sauce! I don't get to eat shrimp too often though, because my husband is allergic to it :( I swear that is the only bad thing about him LOL!

Wow guys! I wasn't expecting that many replies! Tnx everyone and happy new year everyone!:-)

As you may noticed, I wasn't here on a NYE. In the last minute I figured I'll go with my friends and see how that goes. As it turned out, it isn't such a bright idea going out celebrating when you have even a slight fever and a sore throat..:-S

But as always, I wasn't be outside on a NYE. I always have some kind of arrangement in somebody's house away from the shooting and drunk drivers. This year we were in the hills near the border with Slovenia and there wasn't no one in sight except dears and birds. So no drunk drivers, or even drivers for that matter;-) The bad thing is that one furnace died so we almost freezed to death:-S Therefore, my health has not been improving.. I wanted to see my friends because they live in the next county and I don't have time to visit and they work much too so it is the same situation at their end. So I saw them but the cost was high enough. I wish I stayed at home. I like spending NYE at home..

Wow guys! I wasn't expecting that many replies! Tnx everyone and happy new year everyone!:-)

As you may noticed, I wasn't here on a NYE. In the last minute I figured I'll go with my friends and see how that goes. As it turned out, it isn't such a bright idea going out celebrating when you have even a slight fever and a sore throat..:-S

But as always, I wasn't be outside on a NYE. I always have some kind of arrangement in somebody's house away from the shooting and drunk drivers. This year we were in the hills near the border with Slovenia and there wasn't no one in sight except dears and birds. So no drunk drivers, or even drivers for that matter;-) The bad thing is that one furnace died so we almost freezed to death:-S Therefore, my health has not been improving.. I wanted to see my friends because they live in the next county and I don't have time to visit and they work much too so it is the same situation at their end. So I saw them but the cost was high enough. I wish I stayed at home. I like spending NYE at home..

I am sorry you are not feeling well Morana, but if it is any consolation to you, I am now also sick! I was sick before for a week, then felt better on Christmas day, then got sick AGAIN last night! I don't think I ever fully recovered before, and now it is back with a vengeance! Either that, or you passed your sickness to me through the forum LOL! I have a fever, sore throat, and some bad body ache going on. I hope you at least enjoyed seeing your friends that night, and I really hope you feel much better very soon.

Thank you DawL, I hope you feel much better very soon too:-) I was glad to see them the first few hours, but then I wished I was home and had left seeing them for some other time :P -I was pretty sick, as it turned out. Still am but I need to go to work today. I do not know how will I manage. Actually, i have a ton of stuff to do in 3 days to come..:S Hate it!

Oh geez! I know that feeling! I used to work 2 full time jobs, and go to college part time to get my Registered Nursing license (all at the same time). I remember one specific time I got the flu, and was delerious from a 105 degree temp, but I had to go to work because I raised my kids on my own at that point...needless to say my customer service that day was not all that fantastic LOL! Not to mention the time I went to work and school 2 days after having 4 wisdom teeth cut out, and another back molar pulled..not a pretty sight AT ALL. But, now I am married, and a stay at home mom. I have 4 kids ages 7, 6, 4, and 1 to look after sick as heck all day, and of course all of my fids, both furry and feathered! Hahahaha! Sometimes I think going to work might be a bit easier.