NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cardboard toy?

CharlieB

Why not use cardboard that held food or ask for a new pizza box or 2 from your local pizza joint. Then you know that the dye is safe and that it hasn't been treated with a coating. Not all inks are soy based and not all glue is food safe. Strangely enough the new packing peanuts are safe to eat. They are made from cornstarch.

My 3 birds LOVE small boxes. To keep them from chewing my kitchen cupboards, I keep a small empty cardboard box way up on the top where we can't reach, they love playing hide and seek in them, chewing them and just hanging out there. My kitchen decor doesn't look to nice with chewed up boxes up on the cabinets.....but I don't even notice them anymore,

Talon...I am sure your kitchen looks much nicer with chewed up boxes on the cabinets than chewed up cabinets! :D

I make all types of toys from recycled cardboard..mainly food grade or unprinted, no glue. Shadow loves corrugated cardboard the best! We cut squares and string them on leather strips or fold strips accordion style. She stays very busy making cardboard confetti.

Barnaby absolutely loves toilet paper rolls :)

Thus the controversy begins............there are many threads here in the past over whether or not the paper towel oe toilet paper rolls have toxic glue or not.........

FYI: I chose not to give them to my parrots because I never really found a correct answer as to whether or not they are safe....I always err on the side of caution. Just my nature.

I have given my fids toilet paper and paper towel rolls but not on a regular basis but cereal boxes and the sort that food came in is excellent for them to tear and rip up, boxes are great toys and cost nothing.

Thank you, and I have another question. Those food boxes has color labels, logos, and pictures. Are those safe for bird?