NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Torn between two rooms

Ray P

We all have our favorite rooms that we go to and post in. the grey lounge we go to for our greys, the welcome room to welcome new members and the game room to play games with other members, and each is different.

One of my favorite rooms is the amazon room and you know why that is because of Cricket my Blue Front Amazon and also as a moderator.

Now we have a new room the Rescue Bird Haven and you know Cricket is a rescue and I have talked about Cricket alot when it came to how we rehomed her and made her apart of our family. Now when I post about Cricket I have to decide weather to post it in the Amazon room or the Rescue Bird Room. If I post about Cricket in the Rescue bird Room I am taking away from the Amazon room and If I post in the Amazon room the rescue room that deals with all parrot rescues may not see what we did to make our rehome work.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions, It`s like being back at work. Oh I did come out of retirement and go back to work. Why did I do that. Hm I thought living with parrots would be easy.

Edited by Ray P

I too am a Moderator of the Amazon Room with a re-homed BF amazon. Now I see no problem. My zon, Louie, is a handsome and loving young parrot. He and I do have some issues. He belonged to a man who became very ill and his wife and children sold Louie to me. I re-homed Louie he is not a rescue. He and I do have some issues. Louie will not let me touch him, but he has come a long way since I re-homed him 1 year 4 months ago. He now comes to sit on my shoulder and on the back of my chair and he preens my hair with his beak. He loves and trusts me, I just can't touch him but he can touch me. The Amazon Room is where he belongs. He is a wonderful and fun loving zon and soon, I just know it, he will let me touch him. But if not, so what... he is still one of the best things in my life. Right now Louie is sitting on my shoulder biting on a ear and I am saying, "Stop it"! "Take it easy". Sterling is on the other shoulder munching on a nut and Ana Grey is on top my computer screen chewing on the cloth draped there to catch the poo. Three different parrots who have learned to live together in some sort of harmony.

Louie is a re-home and needs a little rehabilitation topped with lots of love, patience, intuition, and understanding. But the Amazon Room is his Home Port.

• Haha 1

Hmmm..this dilemma for some of you hadn't crossed my mind before........I don't know what to say, if you want to copy and paste, that would be great!

I hate to see Cricket leave the amazon room, I love following the progress you make, as an amazon is quite different in their trust and behaviors than a grey.

Please feel free to double post....(can't believe I said that!) LOL!!!!

But PLEASE don't leave the amazon room. Nilah loves Cricket too!

Ray, I have rehomes too, as you know. I've come to the decision that if the issue I have with Marcus or one of the others seems to stem from them being a rehomed parrot and having baggage, I will post about that issue in the new room. If it is a fun story in general, say, about one of the non-Greys we have, it goes in the Other Birds room. If it is a story about Marcus being sweet or chatty or something, that goes in the Grey Lounge. So there is a room for everything, and as your Cricket has so many different aspects to her lovely, colorful self, I am quite sure there will be a room for whichever story about her you want to share--if you choose to break things down like I do, that is. ;)

That issue hasn't arisen for us yet Ray. Since Gilbert is in the active phase of transition to our home, I love the rescue haven because no explanation is needed to the steps we take in his acclimation and transformation. I hadn't thought about the dilemma and thanks to you on this thread, I have had to give it some thought. I will proably stay in the rescue room until the day Gilbert takes flight and goes full circle from the incoming nervous little character to one of the regular ole family members. I will probably go back to the rescue room and read there every time I sign in, and update his thread on a monthly, then annual basis. Also, the rescue haven is such a perfect place for you to see what we are struggling with now that you may have a great idea and you can add Cricket into any of our posts to show us how you went from there to the Amazon room and will let newcomers sidle on over for more of the Cricket story.