NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HomeDepot Poly Rope???

CharlieB

I use poly rope for a lot of my wooden bird toys, but I order it online from a bird specific store. As far as getting it at home depot, I don't think there would be an issue with that, because anything in there that is treated with chemicals must be labeled "treated". People buy wood and other things from these stores to make toys with, also untreated, and have plenty of success. I would imagine if the wood is safe and people use it, the poly rope would be as well (But don't hold me to it). Pet stores, online bird stores, and places like Home Depot have some of the same wood products, and rope, and they get it from similar manufacturers. People also use PVC piping from Home Depot for play stands and things of that sort. You just need to be absolutely sure the products you buy are untreated, and bird safe. A lot of people don't feel comfortable going to the hardware store, and honestly, I don't...not so much because of safety, but more because I love to shop online. I would research this as much as possible before buying anything from there though. I am not an expert on this subject, and am sure someone will come along that knows about this a little more. I get my supplies from mysafebirdstore.com and also makeyourownbirdtoys.com

Edited by DawL

I would NOT trust purchasing polyrope at Home depot or any other hardware store for that matter. You just never know where the item has been or the source. I would not risk my parrot's health or safety. Instead, I recommend that you purchase from Cali Bird Nerds. Ann gives great service and even sells polyrope by the Roll. http://www.cabirdnerds.com/paulierope.html