NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dangerous Holes in Cage

HeatherStrella

AnnaBella was having a good time on top of her cage this morning when I heard her flapping her wings and squawking. I went to her and saw that her toenail was stuck in a little hole in the cage. She ended up being able to get out herself, I think she was more calm than I was. Ha. .here's video of the holes.

http://youtu.be/Z4Y3XOcuVTQ

Just thought I would point these out....in case someone else has the same type of cage...

• Haha 1

AnnaBella was having a good time on top of her cage this morning when I heard her flapping her wings and squawking. I went to her and saw that her toenail was stuck in a little hole in the cage. She ended up being able to get out herself, I think she was more calm than I was. Ha. .here's video of the holes.

http://youtu.be/Z4Y3XOcuVTQ

Just thought I would point these out....in case someone else has the same type of cage...

I am so glad I read this thread! I have a cage that looks very similar to yours, and was planning on using it next month for a baby CAG until I find a new one that I want. I will be sure to watch him very carefully, or hurry up my cage buying process. Thank you so much for the warning, I will be checking my cage tonight.

Thanks for sharing this. Those holes would be something to certainly watch out for and plug with little rubberized plugs yoy can purchase at a hardware store. The only problem is, once anna bella finds those plugs, she will enjoy popping them out one by one. :P

I've had cages w/those same holes & they weren't any problem... until my ekkie. :/ Fortunately, I was right there & it just scared us pretty good. As it happened, that was a temporary cage for her & had outgrown its usefulness by the time she got caught. So she was out of it pretty quickly.

You might be able to find small bolts or screws at the hardware store. The holes are a little close to the adjoining bar, but it might be worth giving it a shot.