NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

screeching

Guest bailey3209

Guest bailey3209

i dont not to sure what is wrong with my little fella as he is just doing high pitched squaking an screeching

usually when he is like this its cuz he is upset about something but this time i just cant igure it out

iv been changing his food his water he always has plenty o attention a clean cage which he dusnt go in till night time which he goes to by himself

we tryed playing with him leaving him alone and ignoring him but he keeps making the same noises

and im kinda at a loss (he is about 40 weeks old now and we have owned him for nearly 2 months just as a bit of info on him)

thank you guys

Guest bailey3209

no nothing has changed and this is the first time he has been like this

the only differance is the christmas tree that is up but that is in the kitchen im just a very paranoid person with him thats all

a big soft worry wart lol

hmmm, definitely a tough one! Since Christmas is over, maybe you could remove the tree a little sooner.( just to cross that out as the cause!) Then if she still does it, does she look scared? If not.... I suspect you have a very smart baby who knows how to get your attention! Kiki our Amazon did this as a baby.( wayyyy much louder than a grey!) LOL Once I ruled out all causes, I made sure I didn't respond when she screamed, waited ten minutes then went to get her so she wouldn't associate her screaming with me coming to get her. It worked. Kiki now screams between 3-4pm. She is allowed to scream her heart out, noone will hush her. She appreciates the hour of full release, as this is what Amazons love to do. Nancy