NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Ohio!

Hello Everyone I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself I am 35 I live in Ohio I have a parakeet whose name is Tweety. I have been reaserching african Greys for about 5 months now. I will be putting a deposit down shortly after Christmas. I am so excited!! I already bought a cage and made my own bird toys. I am now working on building a few stands. I will most likely need your advice. If I start asking too many questions just tell me. I look forward to talking with you all. :)

If we're tossing out Ohio credentials, I grew up in Beavercreek, Oh just outside of Dayton. Most of my relatives are from (and still live in) Sharonville, Oh near Cincy. As much as I love San Diego, I may retire in Ohio when I get old and crinkly. Or maybe not....does it still get chilly there this time of year?!?!? :)

If we're tossing out Ohio credentials, I grew up in Beavercreek, Oh just outside of Dayton. Most of my relatives are from (and still live in) Sharonville, Oh near Cincy. As much as I love San Diego, I may retire in Ohio when I get old and crinkly. Or maybe not....does it still get chilly there this time of year?!?!? :)

I LOL'D AT CRINKLY! Such a weird way to say that. Loved it!

Hi thebirdistheword and welcome to the forum.

I live about 35 miles east of you in Geauga County you know the snow belt in a small place called Newbury.

Ask all the questions you want and we will try to give you best answers you can find any place in the world.

welcome to this great forum!! we're in the middle of ohio, below the snow belt, above the rain belt!! i've decided we're in the ice belt, lol!! so far this season its been chilly and wet, we just broke the annual precip record here yesterday! but then again, this is ohio, wait 15 minutes or so and it's bound to change!!! also keep in mind, folks around here don't remember how to drive in any of the weather we get here, not just from one year to the next, but from event to event, hahahahaha!!!! (the rush hour traffic reports can be almost funny if you're not stuck in it whenever there is "weather" happening)

Hello Thebirdistheword and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us.

So glad to hear you have been doing your research before plunging in to buying a grey, now that you know what you are in for you won't be disappointed for they are awesome creatures who will steal your heart in a flash along with providing you with a lifelong companion who will dazzle you every day with what they can do but still bring you back to reality at times, its all worth it though as we will all attest to.

Thankyou, I have been very excited as income tax time comes. I think I will be ready to put a deposit down in a few weeks. If nothing comes up as it always does when you are trying to save money for something special. I have to check out one more parrot aviary before I make my decision. It was recommended to me by someone at the bird fair I went to a few months ago. I want to see how they socialize they babies and how they care for them and if they provide a clean environment.

Youngstown is a bit far for us to travel 3 times a week to visit our baby. so I hope aina pickle parrot will be a great place to purchase a baby grey because they are the closest to us.

I have heard good things about "In a Pickle". I wanted to work with them but they didn't have TAGs at the time and that's what I was looking for.