NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Quality breeder in San Diego/LA/SoCal Area?

Jimmydreams

Hi everyone....

I'm looking to get a baby CAG, and since this will be my first, I want to be sure I go with a good dealer....not one that is interested in turning over their inventory.

Do anyone have experience and can recommend a specific dealer in the San Diego/LA/SoCal area? I'm in San Diego, but I'll drive a couple hundred miles to get quality over quantity. :cool:

Any suggestions would be helpful!

My breeder and I are located in Missouri, but she knows breeders all over the US and is friends with many of them. I will ask her and see if she knows anyone in your area. She would definitely only refer you to a reputable breeder, as she is one herself.

That'd be great! Let me know if she recommends anyone.

Thanks!!

This is where I got my baby Isaac from and Eva is a great breeder. Very highly rated on birdbreeders.com. Located in Encinitas which is North County \ San Diego area.

http://www.emrexoticbirdbreeder.com/

1000 thanks for this info!! I just spoke to Eva....She doesn't have any CAG's right now, but has a few pairs sitting on eggs. the location is PERFECT for me to help hand-feed the baby as it grows, which is exactly what I wanted!! YAY! Now begins the long wait for hatching, etc. Fun fun fun!! :)

1000 thanks for this info!! I just spoke to Eva....She doesn't have any CAG's right now, but has a few pairs sitting on eggs. the location is PERFECT for me to help hand-feed the baby as it grows, which is exactly what I wanted!! YAY! Now begins the long wait for hatching, etc. Fun fun fun!! :)

Warms my heart to see you happy. I am sure you will have a great experience with your grey. I went to visit Isaac every other day..and Eva was quite inviting....it was super sweet. at the time..she had about 7 greys that were babies varying ages. Isaac came and snuggled by my side on my first visit and took comfort in me early on. That is why I picked him. From there...my goodness...my life has changed soooo much....I am in love with a grey named Isaac.

Edited by Elvenking

• 1 month later...

my humble opinion the best bird store I have ever been to is omars exotic birds (3 stores in CA). The closest store to you is in south orange county, El Toro to be exact its just south of irvine. Probably about a 45 minutes drive for you but I promise it will be well worth it. Amazing staff, all the birds are abundance weened and play freely all day everyday until they are fully weened. They even come with a health guarantee, and a starter kit that includes a few weeks worth of food and a toy!

http://omarsexoticbirds.com/

05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...