NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Gracie is Home!

JeffNOK

Well after waiting four and a half months, I finally brought Gracie home. She has adjusted well. She is eating like a little piglet and spends her time playing with her new toys, climbing all over the inside and outside of her cage like a monkey, and has been chirping and singing and squawking at volumes that surprised me (thankfully not too long at a time). I live in a small condo, but she is enjoying flying from her cage-top to her playstand and back when she needs to exercise the wings. I'm so glad I visited her so much before bringing her home because she doesn't seem stressed at all. What is more surprising is how little stress I am feeling. It all seems so natural and right, and I have to thank everyone here at the forum for preparing me for this day. :D

NO. Really!?! Finally! I don't know why it seems like waiting some w/expectant parronts seems longer than others. Seems like Gracie's been a very long time in the making, for some reason. Such a super time of the year for such a greyt gift!! Congratulations! ... now where's the Welcome home pics, hmmm?

I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the warm regards. I'm shocked at how much she eats! She's a small girl--only 380g but she spends half her time in the food bowl. She doesn't seem to like veggies very much, though. Hopefully she'll appreciate them soon.

Watching your posts as you eagerly awaited the best timing to bring Gracie home has been a joy in my life. She is healthy, happy, well-adjusted and you have been an inspiration in the way you have embraced the forum reading, learning and contributing. My best wishes for you and Gracie and your family to have decades of companionship and many many laughs together. Congratulations on your homecoming. What a lovely tribute to your dedication. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.