NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who luvs his daddy?

GT_Jacket

DSC_0101.jpg

I has been a while since I posted. Echo is still doing GreyT. His is almost 8 months old and I have had him almost 5 months. I took him to the vet the 1st time at around 6 months and he did great. 400grams, good muscle tone, beak, talons, etc. After all the poking and proding he jumped right back on my hand like nothing happened.

He is partial to me but will let my wife interact with him when I'm not around. My daughter, well not so much but we are working on it.

He loves taking a shower with me and eats well. His fav is the various sprouts I grow for him. I even found a kale green sprout.

We took him with us on a trip over Thanksgiving. I got the Kings larger travel cage and he did great. 5hr car ride each way and 3 days there. This was a test for taking him on a longer one over Christmas.

Happy holidays to all -

Brett

thats awesome. and thanks for posting Echo's weight. my cag is 18 weeks today and i weighed her this morning and she came in at 423 grams. I picked her up on Nov 4th and took her straight to my vet and she weighed 388 grams. im not sure how she rates on body frame size wise, i do know she is bigger than my orange wing and he was 34 years old.

could you post a link or pic of the travel cage you used? all I have right now is the airline carrier she came to me in. it was ok for a 2 hour plane ride but way too small for a several day road trip.

29621009.jpg&Width=156

Edited by carlsjr

Brett... good for you and Echo. Hope you find traveling awesome! Sophie LOVES to travel. Problem is, years ago she was owned by a race car driver. I KNOW he took her for lots of rides. She waggles her tail, anytime I take a corner fast! She LOVES speed! I say no! Just got done with six hour defensive driving course. First ticket in my life of 51 years old. No more speeding for Sophie! I already have to reinforce her travel cage. She breaks it open... pops up on my shoulder. Of course I have to pullover... Nancy