NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Barnaby's Journey

DawL

I am sure most of you have read the post in this room about the U2 named Barnaby that I will be adopting. He has had a very rough life (please see other post "Cockatoo Advice Wanted") and has been neglected. His owners contacted me after finally realizing they cannot care for Barnaby properly, and asked me to take him. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to go and get him until after Christmas (4 hours there and back) but just found out, and made arrangements to go and pick him up on the 22nd! We will be going to pick him up early afternoon, and I will try and get pics if he is feeling up to it. His owners are even going to meet me half way in Greensboro to save me some time. They say they just want him to go to a good home, and they know he will be well cared for with me.

I cannot WAIT to go get him, and start our life together. This is going to be one spoiled bird.

I started this thread to chronicle Barnaby's journey with me, and to show his progress over time.

Attached are pics of Barnaby's cage that the current owners sent me (NO TOYS :() ... will update this thread ASAP! Everyone wish me luck! The 22nd can't come soon enough!

BARNABY.jpg

BARNABY3.jpg

BARNABY2.jpg

Aww thank you! I just hope I can make him as happy as he will make me, and I am looking forward to giving him the life that he deserves. I talked to the lady that has Barnaby earlier, and I will be meeting her at 3pm on the 22nd to get Barnaby. I am so excited to welcome him into my home, and I plan on doing everything I can to make this transition as easy as possible on him. I will definitely update this thread on Thursday after he is home.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Barnaby once you are able to bring him home. It is an exciting time for you both. :)

Thank you so much :) He will be with me in 36 hours everyone. I cannot wait to start my relationship with him!

• 2 weeks later...