NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello!......from Chicago.......

dyeraudio

New here....My wife and I take delivery tomorrow of a 14 week old Cameroon CAG......our whole family is very excited as we all spent 2 hours with him today.....VERY docile and trying to cuddle.....we currently have a Medium Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo......kind of anxious as to how they will get along...any tips on introducing a baby CAG to an aggressive Cockatoo?......looking forward to learning alot from you all!

Edited by dyeraudio

New here....My wife and I take delivery tomorrow of a 14 week old Cameroon CAG......our whole family is very excited as we all spent 2 hours with him today.....VERY docile and trying to cuddle.....we currently have a Medium Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo......kind of anxious as to how they will get along...any tips on introducing a baby CAG to an aggressive Cockatoo?......looking forward to learning alot from you all!

VERY carefully! Actually you may never be able to leave the two birds out together without keeping safe space between them. I've had a Hahn's macaw and an African Senegal for over 17 years and they still don't like each other.

Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby and your Cockatoo!

Hey there, and welcome! How is the weather there in Chi-town? LOL! I lived in Indianapolis my whole until I moved to NC 2 years ago. Anyhow, If it were me, I would not allow them out at the same time for awhile. I would keep their cages in the same room so that they can get to know one another behind closed doors, so to speak, and then down the road when you feel they have had ample time to get used to one another, allow SUPERVISED time with them both out, and see how they interact. They may never get along, or they may grow to absolutely LOVE one another...it will just take time, and patience on your part.

Also, congrats on your impending arrival! I am sure you can't wait for tomorrow! Post some pics of your fids when you get a chance!

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone Cooper is home! He is waaaaaaay more than we expected! A Cameroon CAG, VERY tame, whistles ALL day....he is out of his cage about 8-10 hours a day and always wherever we are! We got him from an awesome breeder locally....here is a current pic.....more to come......

photo5.jpg

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Exciting news! I just returned home from Dr Scott McDonald's house. Cooper is actually Bella! Yep its a girl! The breeder was pretty certain it was a boy due to the darker coloring but turns out we have a baby girl! Guess we jumped the gun a little! Really happy to have Dr McDonald able to examine our girl! It doesn't really matter to us just as long as shes healthy! Weighed in at 425 and he said shes beautiful! A nail and feather trim and were good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

You're very welcome....everyday is met with new exciting whistles and sounds....she loves to swing from her blue rubber ball/bell and squawk at it....We've gotten some good video....I just have to figure out how to load them....she's camera shy....too close and shes quiet....BRAT!