NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Babies and Greys?

Eshana

I did a few searches on the forum, and didn't find a topic about this, but please redirect me if there is one.

Lets say a few years from now I want to adopt a child or even if I just have a young child over or something, how would a grey react? Is it dangerous to have them around children? How do people with young children and large parrots deal?

I have 2 kids, they are five and three years old. So far, there is no problem. I don't know that the grey is dangerous to my kids or not. I always tell my kids not to touch the grey so hard or play with it like they play to each others. When the grey is out of her cage, I always keep my eyes on all of them. At first, when my kids approach the grey, I always tell her " it's ok, he or she is your borther or sister". Now the grey and my kids get along very well. But you have to becarefull, because grey is very jeolus. Everytime I play or talk to my kids and my grey is not involved. She get mad at my kids, and won't let them come close to her. She gives them a evil look. If see they come close to her, her try to bite them. But the next day, everything get back to normal. So, now we play, we try to get her involved by calling her name or ask her what she think the game is funny, or we just don't play in front of her. She hasn't bite any people in my family except my wife.

I grey is still young, only 51/2 months old. I don't know how older grey will react. This is just me little experience to share with you.