NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Standing on 2 legs instead of 1?

TAGSugar

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, since everything has been great! I recently read that you can tell if a parrot is sick by the way it stands. Sugar usually stands on one leg when she's on her perch, but has been standing on 2 all day. Her droppings/demeanor seem to be normal. Should I be concerned??

Thanks for your help!

Morana - none at all, she was talking up a storm during her bath today! I did take the dogs to daycare and she was alone during the day for the first time in a while - maybe she's upset about that?

Luvparrots - that makes me feel better! I thought all parrots were supposed to be standing on one leg when they were hanging out!

Well, if nothing changes in her eating/playing/talking habits for more than a day I wouldn't worry too much. Observe and if something is up, you'll notice it. Yesterday my Zak choose to stay almost all day in his cage although it was open all day for him to go out. He way playing with a roll of paper and it was enough to keep him in. This happens almost newer-to stay in the cage when cage doors are open..but when he got out he played some more and he was just fine;-) Now he is preening on the top of my bedroom door.. Lucky me:-S