NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

$42.50 VERY Well Spent

birdhouse

Was wandering around Bed Bath & Beyond w/coupons & a Christmas list when I literally bumped into the display for the Ninja Master Prep Professional. While I was busy untangling my carriage from the boxes, I had a little flashback to their infomercial.

I'm usually not the infomercial type. But when I saw it, I thought it would be nice to have something like that for making bird food. If only the thing actually worked as advertised in real life. But how often does that happen, right?

Well, one of my errands that night was grocery shopping for the fids. And one of the things I'd picked off the floor was the sale tag. And I did have a coupon. lol I also thought I remembered there was a money back guarantee. So yup, after a serious discussion w/myself, the beastie followed me home.

Made a big old batch of mash/chop/whatever-you-want-to-call-it tonight. I deliberately didn't bother to cut anything very small, just to put it thru some paces.

before.jpg

Mixed raw greens, fruits & veggies & threw everything together into the medium container. Piled it loosely about 3/4 full. Maybe 8 single second pulses later... :D

after.jpg

It actually did make this batch of food a lot easier, even though I'm still learning to work w/it. Surprisingly easy to wash up afterward, too.

So I'm pretty happy. Really looking forward to trying it for a number of things. If it actually lasts for any length of time, I'm amazed to admit this is one time when real life seems to have measured up to the infomercial! :)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17480391 (not working)

http://www.target.com/p/ninja-master-prep-professional-black-silver/-/A-12834027?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|12834027&CPNG=Appliances&kpid=12834027&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=12834027&gclid=CMXH2oSTsLoCFcGd4AodNE8AYw

Edited by birdhouse

^^^ Very good to hear. Hated to risk sounding like an infomercial myself, but it really impressed me right out of the box. Nothing I've had has ever chopped greens worth beans :rolleyes: I've always had to do them by hand. This was no problem whether or not they were alone or mixed in. That among other things really surprised me.

Since last night's introduction, I've been thinking of all kinds of things this might do. Just in time for the holiday cooking, too. :cool:

^^^ Very good to hear. Hated to risk sounding like an infomercial myself, but it really impressed me right out of the box. Nothing I've had has ever chopped greens worth beans :rolleyes: I've always had to do them by hand. This was no problem whether or not they were alone or mixed in. That among other things really surprised me.

Since last night's introduction, I've been thinking of all kinds of things this might do. Just in time for the holiday cooking, too. :cool:

What time do you broadcast your obvious infomercial? 3AM --3x a week? What stations?

:o I know, I know. :o I'm sure I'll get over it. But it may take a while. I have to admit that I'm basically a lazy creature. Anything that can do a good job & save me time & effort is appreciated.

With this, I just put some things together & scoop something yummy out. Right now there's taboule, turkey salad w/cranberries, nuts, etc & left over smoothie in the fridge. All in the same container they were created in.

We're always talking about making fid food around here. I think one deterrent for people is the time & work involved. This really is saving me time to chop, mix & clean up.

If the thing could wash & peel veggies I'd be crazy in love for sure. But as it is, I like it enough to want to share my discovery w/anyone else who doesn't have a big, honkin, scary food processor.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at a vitamix and know I don't want all those pieces to clutter my countertop and cabinet space is at a premium. I have read reviews comparing the big Ninja but didn't even realize there was this little beauty as an alternative. What is better than an informercial is to come looking and find your testamonial on just what I never knew I needed. LOL. Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday and they only had the large expensive one in stock. I saw this thread and had to go look for one. I guess I'll try another store. I really want to try a chop diet for my birds. My mom has a VitaMix and I borrow it at times but it would be nice to have this at my apt. I hope I can find one soon!

• 3 weeks later...