NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is my african grey sick?

Rayson

My baby african grey (Above 2 months old) does not want to drink the fomula that i was gonna to feed him with in the morning and he seems to be very tired and kept sleeping almost the whole day.

He fluffed alot and is not very responsive or active.He just stand on the perch sleeping.Should i bring her to the vet?:( pls help!

My baby african grey (Above 2 months old) does not want to drink the fomula that i was gonna to feed him with in the morning and he seems to be very tired and kept sleeping almost the whole day.

He fluffed alot and is not very responsive or active.He just stand on the perch sleeping.Should i bring her to the vet?:( pls help!

If your grey is not eating and not active, a vet visit is the first thing I would do.

yes and the vet visit is very urgent. Greys hide their sickness, so by the time the sickness starts to show, it means they got really weak. Please go to the vet quickly and keep us posted. In any way, keep your grey as warm as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Rayson.... hope we all didn't scare you! We would all take our baby to the vet. They are not like human babies, sleep all day. We are all concerned, just want best for your baby. Please keep us informed, how things are going. We are all here to support you, as many parents were here to support us, when we were all new parents. Nancy and Sophie