NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey Babies in San Diego?

spitfyrleo15

Hello,

I am new here and interested in adopting a baby Grey. I haven't been able to locate any breeders in San Diego that have affordable birds. I KNOW affordable Greys are out there, I just haven't had much luck. I'm comfortable paying $500 or less; any more and I feel like I would be cheating myself, because it never fails...whenever I make a big purchase, the next day I see whatever it was selling for half what I payed. I have a wonderful cage ready to go, food, treats, and lots of Grey experience...but no bird. :( Does anyone know where in San Diego I can find an affordable baby Grey?

That certainly would be an inexpensive grey. I have a TAG which I purchased for $600 3 years ago, but that was in Washington State from a little town breeder. I have a CAG I purchased in August for $750 which to me was a great bargain, the breeder was from the small town of Colton, Oregon. California I believe is a more expensive that Oregon or Washington so I wish you luck finding a young grey for $500.

I live in the San Diego area and know a breeder that sells Grey's for 875.00. Any less...and I would worry about how the bird came to be less than that. If you want the contact info for the breeder I got Isaac from, I can get you that. She is a great and caring breeder who raises really nice birds. :)

Hello,

I am new here and interested in adopting a baby Grey. I haven't been able to locate any breeders in San Diego that have affordable birds. I KNOW affordable Greys are out there, I just haven't had much luck. I'm comfortable paying $500 or less; any more and I feel like I would be cheating myself, because it never fails...whenever I make a big purchase, the next day I see whatever it was selling for half what I payed. I have a wonderful cage ready to go, food, treats, and lots of Grey experience...but no bird. :( Does anyone know where in San Diego I can find an affordable baby Grey?

Getting a gray sold by a reputable breeder for between $850-$950 can be considered a very good bargain. Plus, prices are going up. Just about every species of bird that sold by a breeder is expensive. They're even more expensive in pet stores. Buying an animal for a certain price isn't the same as buying a product that will pop up the next day at half the price. You can try bird shelters where the prices are lower but the bird is usually an adult which has been pre-owned by others. Those types of birds have a personality that is permanent. Reconsider getting a rehomed bird. There's lots of them out there and they need a forever home just to be happy in. I doubt very much that you're gonna find a baby grey in the price range that you mention.

Edited by Dave007

I don't know where you would would get a cag or tag for that price. Around here they are $1000. Maybe you could find a rescue that would have one. I don't understand the statement that you made about the next day finding something for less. This is an animal not a television that would go on sale. Good luck finding one at this price.