NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

skunk

Jingles

So. Dog went outside, we smelled skunk. Thought oh wow, that's pretty strong, we should let the dog in. Let the dog in. We both are thinking, wow, that is really strong.

Rocky (dog) starts rubbing his nose on the carpet. We both jump up because we realize we think he got sprayed. Got up, smelled him and oh yes, the skunk got his chest and nose. So we shoved him into the garage while we tried to figure out what to do. Cleaned the carpet (same room jasper is in) with vinegar. I think the carpet is clean. I am also going to pour maybe the whole box of baking soda on the area he rubbed his nose on too. (our house just plain reeks of skunk...so hopefully the carpet is clean now). The dog needs a few more baths. yup, maybe 10 more....

Is this skunk smell being so powerful ok for Jasper? I'm just a bit worried about him... It's so strong. Smells like a pound of burned garlic, tire burn, and hot eraser shoved up your nose and into your throat. Where of course, even not at home, i can still smell it! I could only imagine poor Jasper! He seems ok. Was telling Rocky to 'get in your box' and 'Rocky box!' a lot though...

Edited by Jingles