NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here, and expecting a baby!

DawL

Thank you both of you, and thanks for looking at my thread when I update it! It definitely does amaze me at how fast he can grow. This weekend I will be getting new pics of him, and he will be 6 weeks and 2 days old! I have started to collect things that I think will make good toys, or parts for good toys. I really enjoy making things like that, so he will have plenty of entertainment when he arrives. I get a lot of my things from craft stores, and online at Grey Feather Toys (they have great parts) and Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys. I will post some pics of some toys when I get them done.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both of you, and thanks for looking at my thread when I update it! It definitely does amaze me at how fast he can grow. This weekend I will be getting new pics of him, and he will be 6 weeks and 2 days old! I have started to collect things that I think will make good toys, or parts for good toys. I really enjoy making things like that, so he will have plenty of entertainment when he arrives. I get a lot of my things from craft stores, and online at Grey Feather Toys (they have great parts) and Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys. I will post some pics of some toys when I get them done.

Lots and lots of people view, enjoy and appreciate your thread even if they don't post. (Prior to this post there were 25 replies but 277 views.) Lots of people like to look even if they don't have anything to say. :)

Lots and lots of people view, enjoy and appreciate your thread even if they don't post. (Prior to this post there were 25 replies but 277 views.) Lots of people like to look even if they don't have anything to say. :)

LOL, yeah I know. I just wanted to thank them because we were having a conversation, and it felt like the right thing to do. I want to thank everyone else as well for viewing this thread, and Grimm's baby pictures! It is going to be quite a journey until we bring him home, and I am so glad to be able to share it with everyone here!

LOL, yeah I know. I just wanted to thank them because we were having a conversation, and it felt like the right thing to do. I want to thank everyone else as well for viewing this thread, and Grimm's baby pictures! It is going to be quite a journey until we bring him home, and I am so glad to be able to share it with everyone here!

The day will be here before you know it. Then you will find that your worst time of day is the time that you are still awake and your grey is sleeping. I miss Egan even though he is home!

(P.S. I have a lot of other NC online friends. We post on a crime message board about the murder of Michelle Young.)

I am not familiar with the Michelle Young case. I have lived here in NC for a little over 2 years, and lived in Indianapolis all the rest of my life. Do you talk about Zahra Baker on this crime message board? It is such a sad story, and unfortunately I live in the same city that that little girl lived in, and the crime was committed in. It was horrifying.

I can only imagine missing your little one when he sleeps LOL! You wait so long, all you want to do is play with them, and love on them!

I am not familiar with the Michelle Young case. I have lived here in NC for a little over 2 years, and lived in Indianapolis all the rest of my life. Do you talk about Zahra Baker on this crime message board? It is such a sad story, and unfortunately I live in the same city that that little girl lived in, and the crime was committed in. It was horrifying.

I can only imagine missing your little one when he sleeps LOL! You wait so long, all you want to do is play with them, and love on them!

I've not been involved in that discussion but they do have one:

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=205

Happy Sunday everyone! I love Sundays, because they mean updates on Grimm!!!

I got an email from Lea a bit ago, and she was telling me about how she plays peek-a-boo with them, how he waddles around all over the place now, and how he is eating soft foods, along with fruits, veggies, and millet. She also told me that he is the first one to get up and go investigate new things, and he is now staying awake for longer periods of time.

We can't wait to have him home! I have also attached Grimm's 6 week pics. It is so amazing how much they change in such a short amount of time. When I got these pics my jaw just DROPPED. Makes me wonder what he will look like next week. Enjoy!

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  121111B.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  121111D.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  121111E.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  121111C.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  121111A.jpg

Grimm is getting so big... Look how loooooong those pretty red tail feathers are getting !!!! What a precious little soul...

I know! I just couldn't get over it! He si getting so incredibly BIG! So much has changed in him in such a short amount of time. Can't wait for next week, and I can only imagine how big he will be when he gets to come home!

Dawl... welcome! I have to be honest... not crazy about the name choices!.This baby will be amazing! Pick an amazing name to match their status. Nancy

LOL! It is okay if you don't like his name, and I appreciate your honestly. We chose Grimm, to name him after Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, aka The brothers Grimm, who wrote "Children's and Household tales, also known as "The Grimm Fairytales". We chose this for many reasons, one of them is because the Brothers Grimm were both German, and this book was published in 1812 in Germany, and I am German (though born in America). My grandmother doesn't speak a word of English.

Another reason is because I am interested in things like this, and other tales/poetry. One of my favorite writers is Edgar Allan Poe, and I did toy with the name Poe, but decided on Grimm instead. I guess everyone has their preferences, and different personalities.

How many birds do you have? What are their names?

Hey everyone! I just got my latest update on Grimm, and he has now started perching, and eating veggies and fruit. Apparently, he LOVES sweet potatoes, and will gobble them up.

He has started playing with toys, and loves to play. Lea said that he loves to be talked to, and will look up at you with the most heart warming eyes! So, here he is, 7 weeks old, Grimm:

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  121811b.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  121811d.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  121811a.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  121811e.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  121811c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! There has been a lot going on at my house here lately, but I would like to take a moment to update everyone on my baby Grimm. I just got his 8 week pics, and he is getting so big! His hatch mates are both older than him, but I was told that he is ALWAYS the one to try new things first, and they follow along behind him. He is now in a baby cage learning to perch, and will be moved to his toddler cage this weekend. He is eating his soft foods very well, and is extremely inquisitive when it comes to just about everything! I am sure he will keep me busy after he gets home! It is crazy to look back through my pics and see him when he was just a hatchling. He has grown so much! It will be wonderful when he comes home! Here are a few pics:

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  122611D.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  122611B.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  122611C.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-02  122611A.jpg

Hello everyone! I got a New Years update on Grimm tonight :) Couldn't have asked for a better way to bring in 2012. He is getting so incredibly big! She was nice enough to send me 13 photos, but I only have room for 5 on here, so I have picked my favorites. Enjoy!

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  123111d.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  123111a.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  123111n.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  123111h.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  123111l.jpg