NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here, and expecting a baby!

DawL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the new pictures of Grimm! Soon very soon your baby will come home!!

Thank you so much! I can't wait for him to come home. He will be my last bird, and I am looking forward to making my family complete.

LMAO! You are awesome :) She sent them to me early actually. I got them New Years Eve as a little gift. 13 pics in total that time! They are his 9 week old pics :) He is getting soooo big! Anyhow, they are the last pics posted on the previous page. Check em out!

Hey everyone! I haven't been online much in the last couple days, I have not been feeling too well. I did get an update on Grimm today though, and wanted to share with you all.

He is now in his toddler cage, has learned to step up, and took his first flight this weekend! Such a wonderful thing. He is eating very well. Still on 4 feedings a day, but his crop is no longer empty between these feedings, so he will more than likely cut back a bit soon. He seems to really like swings, so I will be ordering him a few for when he comes home. He also loves to put his beak in his water dish and splash around! From what I understand, he doesn't stay still for long! He is now 10 weeks old, and is getting so incredibly big. He has grown so quickly before my eyes, and I know it will be well worth the wait when he gets home. Here are a few pics of Grimm at 10 weeks. Enjoy!

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  010812E.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06  010812A.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06   010812K.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06 AND FOA11-05  010812C.jpg

CONGO GREY BABY FOA11-06   010812L.jpg

OH that wait for them to come home. The last days are the hardest and longest. I remember the wait for Corky like it was yesterday. She is eleven now.

Oh man, I am definitely NOT looking to those last days....I think I will go insane...probably won't be able to sleep either, and I love to sleep! I can only imagine how it will be, but at least I have my husbvand waiting with me, and you guys to talk to :)

Nope, not yet. He is still on 3 feedings a day. The way I see it is, he will be healthy, and well adjusted when he comes home to mommy :)

He is getting really big though. I got some new pics, just have not posted them just yet. I will try and do that tonight. My kids have friends over for a sleep over, so my house if just full of estrogen tonight LOL! 6 girls will do that though.

Hey everyone! I just got my latest update on Grimm, and he has now started perching, and eating veggies and fruit. Apparently, he LOVES sweet potatoes, and will gobble them up.

He has started playing with toys, and loves to play. Lea said that he loves to be talked to, and will look up at you with the most heart warming eyes! So, here he is, 7 weeks old, Grimm:

Oh wow so you have a lil wait on your hands too? your baby is bout 4 weeks older then mine! its SO exciting to see and watch them change. I cant wait till I can have updated pics too .. its great to be able to see them grow huh? Im so happy for you !!!!!!!!! very awesome pics :D ty for sharing

Edited by aerial.2000

Hey everyone! So here is my latest update on my baby, Grimm. This is from the breeder, and sent to my email:

"They are having so much fun playing and we enjoy playing with them. Your baby loves to fly and is pretty good at it. He also is getting really good at landing, too.

He is really doing great and wants to be out and about all the time. He will be going down to 3 feedings a day soon; as he is eating less and less at each feeding. One thing for certain; he loves sweet potatoes. Not the canned; but fresh baked or microwaved. You don't want it cooked as soft as you or I would eat them; but close. It is one of the first foods he goes for when we add them to the soft foods sometimes"!

So, it sounds like he is doing great, and here are his 11 week pics!!

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-06  111511C.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-06  111511F.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-06  111511A.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-06  111511J.jpg

CONGO AFRICAN GREY BABY FOA11-06  111511E.jpg

I just read through the whole thread and have been smiling all the way through. Love the fact that in every picture your baby is either playing, or just finished eating, evidenced by the food 'round his beak. Looks like you have a very happy, very lively boy coming your way!

Thank you everyone! I agree with you Acappella, I noticed that as well. They definitely seem to be taking excellent care of him, and that means a lot to me. They breed A LOT of birds, so it makes me very happy they they pay such great attention to each individual baby. Their website is: http://www.fiveoaksaviary.com

As you can see there, they have a lot of babies, but are such great breeders. I am very impressed, and I shopped around for a year to find the perfect breeder for me :)

Yes, the wait is almost unbearable, but it will be well worth it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doign well :)

I have been very busy the last week or so, but wanted to stop by and give an update about Grimm. He is now down to 2 feedings a day, and is not taking much at those feedings. I just made my last payment on him, and was told by the breeder it wont be long before he is weaned, and we will be making the shipping arrangments! Looking forward to him coming home...it is getting so close now. She says he is definitely lively, very social, and very curious. He should be a great BFF! LOL